• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Springboks, 18th July 2015, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
It could equally be an advantage. The way to be at maximum fitness for rugby is to play rugby. If it had been New Zealand players who had played the most minutes, then people would be bemoaning our players' relative lack of match-hardening.

There'll be an optimum amount of rugby to have been played before the competition begins, and what that is, is anyone's guess at this stage. It could be at the upper or lower range of what our players have played. As others have pointed out, the playing schedule between now and the world cup is pretty sparse.

The great risk of having played so many minutes is that those players could have been injured, but this year, touch wood, we've been relatively injury-free.
Much like the Boks were injury free last year.

May not catch on for you during the World Cup year which is a plus, but it's bound to catch up at some stage.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I assume Ndungane is injured too? Otherwise he'd be on a wing and Le Roux to 15.

He has not been anywhere near an extend squad in three or more years.

This and your comments about de Allende suggests that you do not pay much attention to or haven't watched SA teams of late.

De Allende has been the best SA back all year and one of the best in the comp. He has one chink in his armour which Coetzee was too stupid to spot and that is his body alignment in defense. De Allende will play every important test for the Boks this year if he can even marginally hold his form.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
You would of thought Bernie was the Skills coach as well wouldnt you ?

who knows, they seem to have a coach for every aspect theses days! I won't speculate, I just recall reading somewhere that something like that was a position that was yet to be filled.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Match vs a PI team next year?

I would assume the roles are like this

Chieka - forwards
Ledesma - set-piece
Larkham - attack/backs
Grey - defence

The institutional self-castration of Wallaby capability starts right there. The ARU has yet again shown its chronic incapacity to understand the totality and quality of coaching resources essential to elite success in this era of global rugby.

Somehow it's deemed logical and sensible by the ARU that we can have a set of national coaching resources way below that deemed essential by the NZRU for the ABs to consistently succeed. Somehow, we know better.

Be it as it may re the known Wallaby coaching roles as are stated above, that coaching group is nowhere near a fully- or well-resourced enough coaching group to either credibly win a TRC or, more to the point, even contemplate wining a RWC.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Word on the street is that the big announcement on Wednesday is that Link will receive an official apology. ARU wants Cheika and the team to have clear air going into the RC and RWC. This move has been brought on by the continual selection of Beale in Wallaby squads....

:)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Quade appears to be the sole face of the Wallabies at a presser in Brisvegas re the Boks game..ominous?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Seems a good choice to promote given there aren't really any other Qld players that have media/public profile who are guaranteed to be in the 23 in my view?

Gorgodze

Bob McCowan (2)
De Allende absolutely terrorised the Brumbies the last game, he was fantastic. I think he is going to cause a few probs.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Seems a good choice to promote given there aren't really any other Qld players that have media/public profile who are guaranteed to be in the 23 in my view?

Slipper. Well ahead of QC (Quade Cooper) in that regard.

Edit: well ahead re likely to start on the weekend. Imo QC (Quade Cooper) is better press figurehead in Brisbane.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
This is what I think they will go with for the first game

Slipper
Moore (c)
Kepu
Simmions
Skelton
Fardy
Hooper (vc)
Higgers
Phipps
Quade
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (vc)
To'omua
Kirindurni
Tomane
Folau

Sio
TPN
Holmes
Horwill
Pocock
Gits
Genia
Mitchell

Bugger that's hard to pick, McCalmen maybe for Higgers and then drop one of Gits/Mitchell for him on the bench.. Maybe swap Genia and Phipps maybe drop one of Gits/Mitchell for Foley.

Status
Not open for further replies.