• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Springboks, 18th July 2015, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bad news

I just spoke with the community manager of Suncorp fb account. He said they expect around 35k :eek::eek::eek:

T

Train Without a Station

Unsurprising. Last year's events killed a lot of support in QLD.

The Reds 2015 season has not helped at all.

Reactions: gel
M

Moono75

Throw the bloody doors open and get a full house. The money they lose on ticket sales will be made up for on beer sales.

The World Cup preparation starts now. There is not enough time and games to be fucking around at this point. We have to win on Saturday and we have to have a big intimidating crowd. Get on with it QLD make it so!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Throw the bloody doors open and get a full house. The money they lose on ticket sales will be made up for on beer sales.

The World Cup preparation starts now. There is not enough time and games to be fucking around at this point. We have to win on Saturday and we have to have a big intimidating crowd. Get on with it QLD make it so!

or make kids under 16 free

full house would be great

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
What is sad about this is that we aren't talking about Melbourne or Perth. We are talking about QLD, a bastion of Australian Rugby :confused:

T

Train Without a Station

Well what do people expect? A number of QLD rugby fans still have distaste for the Wallabies after everything that happened in 2014.

Why is anybody surprised that most aren't interested in paying any of their hard earned to watch them live?

Without discussing the specifics of everything, if what happens alienates a number of people from one market, you can't expect to immediately do well in that market. Time heals wounds but this is the first Brisbane test since.

Plenty of Reds season ticket holders I have come across weren't too interested in the upcoming test season.

M

Moono75

Rugby politics should be given the ass, baggage left at the door, state colours and allegiances should melt away in the face of an all consuming particularly intoxicating type of yellow fever called Wallaby Gold my friends.

Get on board QLD! 4 days till we serve up some smackdown on the Boks!

T

Train Without a Station

Nah you're right. The ARU will go far telling consumers they're opinions are wrong and it's their job to come around.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Someone remind all those sugar cane rats in QL that the Wallabies actually don't lose to the Boks in Brisbane or are they all too stupid to remember?

Brisbane is almost a foregone conclusion against us and no, I am not taking the piss.

T

Train Without a Station

Fuck TWAS - talk about negative vibes from you.

Get with the progam and support the team...

Nah mate. Just telling it how it is. A lot of people lost interest over the whole matter. Time heals wounds. But standing here right now telling former paying customers that they're wrong for not wanting to follow the Wallabies won't get it back there.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Someone remind all those sugar cane rats in QL that the Wallabies actually don't lose to the Boks in Brisbane or are they all too stupid to remember?

Brisbane is almost a foregone conclusion against us and no, I am not taking the piss.

Except for 2 years ago when I drove 10 hours each way for....:

Springboks dominate Wallabies as South Africa wins 38-12 Brisbane win

By Paul Newman
Updated 7 Sep 2013, 11:41pm

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Nah mate. Just telling it how it is. A lot of people lost interest over the whole matter. Time heals wounds. But standing here right now telling former paying customers that they're wrong for not wanting to follow the Wallabies won't get it back there.

I tend to be old school. My support for OUR national team is unwavering. I might have a whinge or two re admin, coaches, the odd player or three but the support for the Wallabies is always there.

I am actually paying for a couple of saffas to go to Suncorp with me

T

Train Without a Station

That's great mate. Clearly a few thousand people aren't. Guess they should stop being sooks and just spend their limited disposable income on the Wallabies without any regard for what they think of the group because they always have.

Perhaps the ARU could run a marketing campaign to get it over the line? "Open up your wallets you whingers!". Should be a winner.

T

Train Without a Station

I think "fair weather" is way off the mark. Plenty of these "fair weather" supporters were the ones propping up Suncorp Stadium's attendance in the dark years of the 2000's. Perhaps they just have values they respect. Losing they can accept. Lack of morals they can't. Or not immediately anyway.

And back to my point. Complaining that the customer is wrong because they don't want to use your business hasn't gotten too many businesses too far to my knowledge at least.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Except for 2 years ago when I drove 10 hours each way for..:

Springboks dominate Wallabies as South Africa wins 38-12 Brisbane win

By Paul Newman
Updated 7 Sep 2013, 11:41pm

Coincidentally, this popped up as my desktop background just as I read that.

10474771355_6ec25e01d4_b_d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.