• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Springboks, 18th July 2015, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Would you excuse coopers behaviour if it had been Beale who tried some stupid low percentage near our try line 2 mins into the red?

Probably the same. The backs need to do something now as the Wallabies have conceded the rucks. The forwards need a rocket up their asses.

If it had actually cost points, no doubt my reaction would be different!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Especially when the other option is Foley, who is smaller.

Can everyone plaese stop getting their knickers in a knot. I inadvertently quoted No 10 when I meant No 12, but I would have thought that was obvious from the tone of my Posts.

It's now half time. Tell me now how Giteau's magic is having a good bearing on the game. Apart from his mistakes, he hasn't threatened the defensive line once, and every time the Saffs run their backline, they make very considerable ground. Not having Matt To'omua to disrupt their backline attack is really hurting us. And in respect of the No 7 debate, we are being beaten all over the ground at the breakdown and again where have Hooper's defense-tearing runs gone? I like Hooper, but he shouldn't start at the expense of Pocock.

Reactions: gel

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wallabies got one thing going for them, that Le Roux is not a flash fullback. I have never bought into the hype about him, and he proving me right so far, he certainly advertises what he foing to do.

Made a pretty play to set up the try though Dan. I'm not a fan but that was nice.

Burger and BdP have really set the tone for the way the Boks are attacking the collisions.

In terms of attack, I think both teams have been a little guilty of playing a little lateral. Oz have looked good if they get Kurindrani in one-on-one situations out wide, but the Bok defence has scrambled really well so far.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
A first half very worrying. They are winning without doing anything, just some robberies at the breakdown :(

Poey in, pleaseeeeee

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Skelton adding nothing, very slow and stuff all breakdown work. Hook him.

We need some actual breakdown presence. Time for Pocock.

Yank the crab and lets see Cooper and To'omua again.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I reckon Higgers may go soon for Pocock. With Matfield off the field, I think the risk is worth it for the loss in the lineout. Skelton may also go soon anyway.

Not sure what else to do in the forwards. Pocock will make a difference, but it's attitude and execution more than anything.

T

Train Without a Station

I've been disappointed with Skelton. Not because he has been hopeless but because I though he had been so good this year I was confident he would make up for his shortcomings. I don't quite think he has so far.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Too one out, our forwards have guys to pass to but are opting to take it into contact. Slipper had Cooper wrapping there expecting the ball, poor choice.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
there were a lot of things wrong with the lead up to that penalty but Nige seems to have forgotten about the tackler having to release

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Skelton weakness in scrum showing

Glad to give Cooper chance but at this stage want to see foley in next game

Reminded what a great footballer AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is - out of position but reminded at Wing he still has more good games then bad

Horne equally good footballer and him and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) best options at wing at the mo

Giteau new back in fold and not perfect but like the tempo he plays. Great option at 12 and will get better

Just not convinced about Cooper at this stage

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
To add, just some variation from the forwards, instead of trucking into contact. Pop to the guy next to you, or anything. It's just so obvious and behind the advantage line.

G

galumay

Game over, just too much class. It's going to be a long season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.