• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks II, Allianz Stadium 7:35pm 03/09/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
ValETini is going from strength to strength. I’m not sure Holloway is the bloke to be at 6. I reckon Leota will get another run against the ABs. Holloway could be handy off the bench covering 4/5/6.
Perhaps even moreso if we go with a 5/3 bench. I still lament the dropping of Nick Frost though. He offers something different in our Locks and has been very good off the bench.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Me neither but with Bell coming back and TT still injured I assumed we'd have to have 2 props in 6:2 bench
Is Sio out? We’ve painted ourselves into a corner with Slipper as captain, at present with the injuries he’s our second best THP.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I wonder what the go was with the empty seats in at least one of the corners?

Said it was a sellout but the League the night before got 41k compared to 38k for the Wallabies.

It is as simple as the members not using up all their allocation and the general public tickets were sold out?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I wonder what the go was with the empty seats in at least one of the corners?

Said it was a sellout but the League the night before got 41k compared to 38k for the Wallabies.

It is a simple as the members not using up all their allocation and the general public tickets were sold out?
Because it was a wet day and some people with tickets didn't go, an essentially public transport centered ground can make the trudge there and back quite shit as you wait for connections

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Some people had mentioned Rennie criticizing White post-game. I assume that wasn't the actual post match press conference. Was that something just on Stan?
Yeah he was asked a question by the female commentator on Stan about the merits of constant box kicking when hodge was in the side.
He agreed it was poor. Made the comment that Gordon looked good when he came on and said with a slight wind behind them in the 1st half and a player in the side who can kick it 70m they should have heaved it up midfield and made the boks exit their own 22.
That was all he said but it sounded distinctly like a criticism of white and an endorsement of Gordon.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
What are you on about?
We have used 4 hookers in the Wallabies in the last 12 months from the Brumbies 1st string to 4th string.
An unusual set of events you think for the development of Australian Rugby you would try to distribute them across the Super Rugby clubs.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
We have used 4 hookers in the Wallabies in the last 12 months from the Brumbies 1st string to 4th string.
An unusual set of events you think for the development of Australian Rugby you would try to distribute them across the Super Rugby clubs.

My post suggested Holloway is a placeholder for Gleeson or Swinton... none of them are Brumbies or Hookers. So the poster is really taking any tiny little chance to have a dig at the so-called Brumbies nepotism.

Must be hard supporting the Tahs.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
My post suggested Holloway is a placeholder for Gleeson or Swinton... none of them are Brumbies or Hookers. So the poster is really taking any tiny little chance to have a dig at the so-called Brumbies nepotism.

Must be hard supporting the Tahs.
Well FF (Folau Fainga'a) shouldn’t have started lasted night after last weeks performance.
There also seemed to be deliberate and unintelligent strategy to have him loop around off the back of the line out. Must have done it about 4 times and easily picked by SA every time. It was dumb rugby, either by the players or the coaches depending who called it.
Also the dynamic of Nic White and Noah L behind a struggling pack does not work. It works fine when they are on top. When it’s a struggle out there Whites personality dominates Noah L and it’s White trying to do the game management where he should leave it to Noah L. For his development Noah L needs to be left to manage the game. The perfect example last night was White box kicking when it should have been passed into the pocket with Hodge and Noah L the options. Noah needs to be able to call this and White follows his instructions or gets hooked.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Exact quote -

Rennie - “We got sucked into kicking the ball back to them or kicking it out and giving them a set piece to play off.
We needed to play with a bit more tempo and really take the game to them - I thought Jake Gordon did a pretty good job when he came on

Commentator - “tell me if I’m wrong but you’ve got hodge at 15 and he can boot the ball a big distance but we didn’t see that too often - is that just me or is there something in that”

Rennie - “Yeah I agree especially first half when we had the advantage of a bit of a breeze - rather than kicking from 9 - we don’t really want to kick out we want to kick long - reece can kick it 3/4 of the length of the field and keep it in and force them to bring it back - then maybe we get the chance to play off that”

Status
Not open for further replies.