• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks II, Allianz Stadium 7:35pm 03/09/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Exact quote -

Rennie - “We got sucked into kicking the ball back to them or kicking it out and giving them a set piece to play off.
We needed to play with a bit more tempo and really take the game to them - I thought Jake Gordon did a pretty good job when he came on

Commentator - “tell me if I’m wrong but you’ve got hodge at 15 and he can boot the ball a big distance but we didn’t see that too often - is that just me or is there something in that”

Rennie - “Yeah I agree especially first half when we had the advantage of a bit of a breeze - rather than kicking from 9 - we don’t really want to kick out we want to kick long - reece can kick it 3/4 of the length of the field and keep it in and force them to bring it back - then maybe we get the chance to play off that”
Looking forward to the Brumbies Mafia keeping White in the starting spot!!!!!!!

;)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
How many “South Africans” (other than the squad) are flying back there today?
My statement was made on the back of another comment and after a large portion of the crowd booed every White involvement. White possibly deserved it, but the Boks have practiced cynical gamesmanship like injuries to forwards at scrum time if the game tempo is too high and staying down to draw penalties/cards forever.
White will get a warm welcome whenever he play in South Africa, make no mistake. Yesterday show how rugby supporters hate divers

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
And it’s not like this SA reaction would’ve been unexpected either. Look at them during the Lions series. A team has the temerity to beat them and it all turns pretty spiteful. So how can we not be ready for that?
The Springboks blow hot and cold all season just like all the other teams. The Pumas in Argentina will be a massive challenge but then the Boks like challenges like winning in Aus, beating the All Blacks at home and winning the competition. However the coach need to bring the young ones through to create more depth for the WC.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
We have matched up pretty well with the Boks recently. Last night they played the perfect game to roll the Wallabies. We never got into the game or fired a shot. Kudos to them.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
White will get a warm welcome whenever he play in South Africa, make no mistake. Yesterday show how rugby supporters hate divers
I’m sure he will. I don’t think it’s a good look either. And I’d prefer Gordon or McDermott in the Wallabies simply because I don’t see them doing something like that. That being said, I’ve seen Vermulen stay down to milk a penalty a few times.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Well FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) shouldn’t have started lasted night after last weeks performance.
There also seemed to be deliberate and unintelligent strategy to have him loop around off the back of the line out. Must have done it about 4 times and easily picked by SA every time. It was dumb rugby, either by the players or the coaches depending who called it.
Also the dynamic of Nic White and Noah L behind a struggling pack does not work. It works fine when they are on top. When it’s a struggle out there Whites personality dominates Noah L and it’s White trying to do the game management where he should leave it to Noah L. For his development Noah L needs to be left to manage the game. The perfect example last night was White box kicking when it should have been passed into the pocket with Hodge and Noah L the options. Noah needs to be able to call this and White follows his instructions or gets hooked.

ok you're trolling me now aren't you. You really think FF (Folau Fainga'a), White and Noah are picked on Nepotism?

You actually believe that Noah isn't the best option at flyhalf for this match? Surely you can't believe it's Foley, he's so new to the squad he probably doesn't even know his teammates names. Noah had a solid match last game and a decent England series.

FF (Folau Fainga'a) played the best match by a hooker all season prior to his poor performance last week, so it's not illogical why he was chosen and based on Porecki's poor performance off the bench this match it probably wasn't the wrong call.

I always laugh at the criticism "can't play behind a struggling pack" - no shit, no halves in world rugby can. Think Dan Carter looks good behind a pack going backwards?

White started the season strong and has really only recently gone downhill. I agree he probably deserves to be dropped now (I also hated the box kicking and niggle) but to say he wasn't picked on merit when he is one of the most experienced players on the field is pretty stupid.

By the way I hope Gordon gets a starting shot next match (but I'm sure you'll find a way to twist this into a Brumbies bias too).

Also, you forgot to bag out Valetini, AAA, Sio, Slipper, Ikatau, Wright, Swain, Samu, Arnold (ex-brumby, does he count?)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yes and looking very good, lit an absolute rocket up everyone around him and combined with O'Connor for a great try. We sure as shit could have used the energy he brings last night.
Just play him in the position he plays at Super Rugby level, and don’t shift him to 6 again

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Nic White might be due a rest after starting and playing big minutes in every test (I think) this year. But he is still by quite a margin the best No 9 in the country. We all have an inkling of Tate's unexceptional passing game, and if anyone was paying attention last night they will have noticed many of Jake's passes were ill-directed behind the runner who had to baulk and reach back while getting hit in defence. I really don't savour the thought of either of them starting against the ABs but if it is to be so, then Tate imo would be the better option.

So much criticism of FF (Folau Fainga'a), but Porecki gave away a stupid penalty for a neck roll with probably his first play after he came on and then was pretty much invisible for the rest of the match. I wonder what the anti-Brumbies cohort will accuse FF (Folau Fainga'a) of when he plays for the Force next year?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
My post suggested Holloway is a placeholder for Gleeson or Swinton... none of them are Brumbies or Hookers. So the poster is really taking any tiny little chance to have a dig at the so-called Brumbies nepotism.

Must be hard supporting the Tahs.
I was really just taking the opportunity to poke fun at the Brumbies hooker favouritism situation and in the process have a dig at the people having a dig at stillmissit for mispelling a name. It wasn’t actually anything to do with your suggestions, which I will say I agree with.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Nic White might be due a rest after starting and playing big minutes in every test (I think) this year. But he is still by quite a margin the best No 9 in the country. We all have an inkling of Tate's unexceptional passing game, and if anyone was paying attention last night they will have noticed many of Jake's passes were ill-directed behind the runner who had to baulk and reach back while getting hit in defence. I really don't savour the thought of either of them starting against the ABs but if it is to be so, then Tate imo would be the better option.
The coach specifically called out White's poor decision making and actual execution with his kicking game, one of the big reasons why he is supposedly 'selected' before Tate and Gordon.

Nitpick all you want about a couple of passes, but White's failed box kicks put the Wallabies into unneeded pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.