• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Wales, Principality Stadium, Sun 27th November, 2.15am AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Reckon Jock would have way more experience than Wright at fullback. He's also a calm head at the back which is what you really want. Not a tempestuous one.

Both have played pretty much the same number of Super Rugby games, having debuted the same year, but obviously Jock has a heap more at fullback (a number with Petaia on the wing).

Wright has more test caps obviously but the same number as test starts at fullback.

Jock is also a couple of years older too.

Rennie is just trying to justify a gut decision.

This +1

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
After last match, Petaia and Marcy Marc are very hard to drop. They were very good in almost all departments.

This might trigger a few, but Petaia and Marcy Marc may even offer more then Koro, it is certainly more balanced as both are very good under the high ball and can also play as second fullbacks.
when you say "trigger" do you just mean disagree with one of the most ridiculous comments made on this thread?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
when you say "trigger" do you just mean disagree with one of the most ridiculous comments made on this thread?

Ridiculous is a bit far.

Both are better ball players, better under the high ball, better kickers? Can you really disagree with any of these statements?

I never said they were better. Just very different players. Obviously Koro is first picked in the team. But refer to my Jonah Lomu V Ben Smith previous post.

We gain wingers who are better in other other area. It's not all doom and gloom.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fuck I was just thinking about last time we played Wales when they got that intercept that went clearly forward for the try. Valetini was red carded as well. What an anger inducing match. Really hope we spank them.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) has only played one Test. But he has tremendous potential. Let's compare notes in twelve months or so.

Nawaqanitawase looked great but just a reminder that Daugunu was GAGR’s MOM in his first test v the ABs while Wright got heaps of praise for his first test start later that same year.

As you say, happy to compare notes in 12 months time.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Nawaqanitawase looked great but just a reminder that Daugunu was GAGR’s MOM in his first test v the ABs while Wright got heaps of praise for his first test start later that same year.

Agreed. Ironically, Wright was praised for his cool, calm, and collected approach. How quickly things can change.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

Arguably they both had a lot more playing experience. This kid is just starting out, barely out of park footy.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
It's been mentioned a few times now, but it's based on how well the three of them worked as a unit last week...

I don't think there was any surprises in selection there for that reason.
Yeah I’ve seen that, but I dunno. I’m just worried about Wright possibly running the ball out of his own 20 a bit too much and it burning us. I’d have a more traditional fullback, with a more fullback mindset and kicking game, with two strike wingers (Mark/Wright/Petaia) than what we’ve got here, but that’s why I’m not on the big bucks I guess.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Reckon Jock would have way more experience than Wright at fullback. He's also a calm head at the back which is what you really want. Not a tempestuous one.

Both have played pretty much the same number of Super Rugby games, having debuted the same year, but obviously Jock has a heap more at fullback (a number with Petaia on the wing).

Wright has more test caps obviously but the same number as test starts at fullback.

Jock is also a couple of years older too.

Rennie is just trying to justify a gut decision.
We have a thing against small players regardless of how good they are at what they do. Might be part of the reason we are getting constant injuries ie the desire to make guys bigger and bigger.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We have a thing against small players regardless of how good they are at what they do. Might be part of the reason we are getting constant injuries ie the desire to make guys bigger and bigger.

is Wright bigger than Campbell??

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)

Attachments

• C6780B68-E4F4-4544-A6CF-B711D4E48152.jpeg
    C6780B68-E4F4-4544-A6CF-B711D4E48152.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 48

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I thought Campbell and Lolesio would both start, but can accept the reasons given for them being passed over.

But here's my tip for the backline at the end of the game:

9 McDermott, 10 Hodge, 11 Gordon, 12 Ikitau, 13 Wright, 14 Nawaqanitawase, 15 Campbell. Donaldson HIA, Petaia Achilles. Noah still on the bench, unused (tinfoil hat).

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) and Banks both looked amazingly bigger and faster than previous years tbh. Don't know what the official stats for each day, but on tv it was really noticeable.

Kinda reminiscent of Bob Linder's off season of growth years and years ago.

Last edited:

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) and Banks both looked amazingly bigger and faster than previous years tbh. Don't know what the official stats for each day, but on tv it was really noticeable.

Kinda reminiscent of Bob Linder's off season of growth years and years ago.
I wonder if we have missed Aussie players similar to Damian McKenzie or Cheslin Kolbe?

Reactions: gel
Status
Not open for further replies.