• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Wales, Principality Stadium, Sun 27th November, 2.15am AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not saying he would be ahead of Rodda or Arnold but it's worth taking a look at the form he's in for Northampton. He's easily been a top 3 Lock in the Premiership this season.
Not wrong but guys like Staniforth and Douglas are great locks in a much tougher comp, especially for locks. Not to mention Richie Arnold and Sam Carter.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
While the G&GR selectors are mulling over a paddock of locks to choose from, what about Adam Coleman and Rob Simmons? Bit negligent to leave out any second-rowers plying their trade overseas.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Doesn't really change my opinion, I don't think Donladson was bad I just think Lolesio looked and felt more comfortable and played better. Probably should with all his experience.
Disagree. Very disappointed in both of them. Noah looks spooked.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
From the Force I would have said Pasitoa but I think he will be too far back now with injury.

So possibly Isaac Fines, Bailey Kuenzle and Hamish stewart as they could have break out years and play in positions where wallabies don’t have much depth. Some good backrow players but too much competition there

dru

Tim Horan (67)
From the Force I would have said Pasitoa but I think he will be too far back now with injury.

So possibly Isaac Fines, Bailey Kuenzle and Hamish stewart as they could have break out years and play in positions where wallabies don’t have much depth. Some good backrow players but too much competition there

Not sure on the other two, but it seems unlikely that Stewart would make it to a WB 10 jersey. At 12 he isn't Kerevi but can manage a second fly roll and pull in for defence in the 10-12 channel. I don't see it as enough to break any further than Australia A. Who knows though, strange things have happened, and of course a new environment might change his freedom to work skillsets more in working with 10.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
While the G&GR selectors are mulling over a paddock of locks to choose from, what about Adam Coleman and Rob Simmons? Bit negligent to leave out any second-rowers plying their trade overseas.
I'd love to see Coleman more than any of the others mentioned but other G&GR selectors have written that he intends to play for Tonga? Hope it's not true.
Tim Anstee, if he can bulk up a bit without losing speed, could be a smoky.
I can get behind this. He was included in the squads before the French series if I recall correctly then got injured? He would need a big year to get ahead of players already capped. I think he would also need the Force to have a really good showing. Winning teams do help your cause if you're not an established Test player

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Not really in the tight he doesn’t, he runs a bit wider and goes well there which is fine, but you need to balance that out with big bodies elsewhere in the forwards pack to get over the gain line in tight.

reverse is true in defence also, workhorse in tackling, but isn’t going to make big dominant tackles compared to the bigger locks out there
Philip, Skelton, Holloway has some meat to it as a 4, 5, 6 combo.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Tupou, Latu, Bell, Phillip, Skelton, Holloway, Hooper, Valetini weighs 966kg. That's a heavy pack. Don't see it happening but dayum. I know I haven't put guys in like Porecki, Lonergan....let me live
To be honest that's probably pretty close to what I'd have starting in a RWC big match. Maybe swap Frost for Philip. Also Frost is gonna be a machine as he grows into his body more and more.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
To be honest that's probably pretty close to what I'd have starting in a RWC big match. Maybe swap Frost for Philip. Also Frost is gonna be a machine as he grows into his body more and more.
Just looked it up and apparently Frost is 3kg heavier than Phillip.... Not much for the big fellas. Need to know if its pre or post morning coffee

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Certainly the two biggest winners from this tour were Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) and Frost...

There's so much competition for locks going into next year, but I think Frost may have booked his spot with his performances against Ireland, France and Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.