• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies versus Wales- SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Mike Harris: 9 points from 2 tests (one lasting 6 minutes) = 4.5 average.
Kurtley Beale: 51 points from 22 tests = 2.31 average.

Perhaps you're the one with the health problem dear chap!

Mr Doug,

Gold - one of your best fishing expeditions. Loved it.

Got the Red Undies and the '99 Jumper organised for Sat pm?

After what Cardiff Blue has done to the Optimism Gnome, via his revised avatar, we may need all the luck our Optimism Bunyip can muster.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The pubs in Paddington are getting right into the match this weekend. A number of them are decking out in Green and Gold, add to the mix the Wallabies and Welsh supporters, should make for a great pub crawl before and after the game. Combine this with the fine weather, which should encourage both teams to run it, this weekend could be an absolute belter.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Just saw the Welsh team returning from the gym in the city. There are some seriously big lads. A couple of them crossed the road to assist a woman who was strugguling with a trolley at a busy intersection. Nice guys.

Did it look like they had a fire in their bellies, or just going through the motions and keen to get home?

Nice to see that they are not above helping their fellow humans and able to act like gentlemen. Many professional athletes are not capable of doing so.

We should hear more of these "nice" stories. All the media seem interested in is when the players stuff up.

C

cyRil

Reading this I am beginning to feel a new bout of optimism stirring. Must keep it in check.

Cymru am byth!
Yeah, I'm quite optimistic myself, although I was hugely optimistic about last week - and look how that panned out!!
I am glad that the Wallabies have got pretty much their first team out. I'd rather lose the series 3-0 than claim a gyppo win against their seconds, a la Lions 2009.
I'm cyRil btw all, hey!

EDIT: Also, I know I sound like a right noob but how do you create a thread? I can't seem to find the tab anywhere...?

Failing that, I'd just like some Aussie/Rebel fans opinions on Gareth Delve for an article I'm writing. Any help appreciated guys :)

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Wales have selected the same starting XV as last week, with one change on the bench-hooker Richard Hibbard seemingly paying the price for conceding the two late penalties that ultimately cost Wales the game.
Think we've missed a chance to freshen things up a little but a shot at redemption for these guys I guess.
Feel sorry for our main lineout forward Ian Evans who put off his honeymoon to travel to Aus straight after his wedding and hasn't played any part in the tests ? Bet his new bride is well happy with that. Lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wales have selected the same starting XV as last week, with one change on the bench-hooker Richard Hibbard seemingly paying the price for conceding the two late penalties that ultimately cost Wales the game.
Think we've missed a chance to freshen things up a little but a shot at redemption for these guys I guess.
Feel sorry for our main lineout forward Ian Evans who put off his honeymoon to travel to Aus straight after his wedding and hasn't played any part in the tests ? Bet his new bride is well happy with that. Lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

I thought the Welsh lineout was poor last Saturday and did expect Evans to be starting this weekend, is he out of favour with the coaching team?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah, I'm quite optimistic myself, although I was hugely optimistic about last week - and look how that panned out!!
I am glad that the Wallabies have got pretty much their first team out. I'd rather lose the series 3-0 than claim a gyppo win against their seconds, a la Lions 2009.
I'm cyRil btw all, hey!

EDIT: Also, I know I sound like a right noob but how do you create a thread? I can't seem to find the tab anywhere.?

Failing that, I'd just like some Aussie/Rebel fans opinions on Gareth Delve for an article I'm writing. Any help appreciated guys :)

Welcome aboard cyRil. I would suggest that you speak to Stu regarding Delve. That man is all over anything to do with Delve and the Rebels! As for making new posts, I think the mods are better positioned to inform you than I am. I have no idea of the rules regarding forum creation!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm cyRil btw all, hey!

EDIT: Also, I know I sound like a right noob but how do you create a thread? I can't seem to find the tab anywhere.?

easy up there cowboy. Welcome aboard, but we like our rookies to dance for us for a while before we give them the keys to the city. And if you can understand those mix metaphors your doing well.

(new posters can't start new threads until they've made a certain number of posts. Helps weed out spammers)

RedCard

Peter Burge (5)
Good to see the Welsh management continue their form in rewarding inept performances. They are pissing me off no end. They have no bottle whatsoever and there are players that deserved their shot.

Preistland had 4 very good games during the RWC. Since then, to call him average would be generous. I don't mind them backing him for a couple of games if he has a dip but to do what they have so they don't dent his confidence is wrong. Hook deserves his starting spot to see if he is ready to take the challenge. We all know he might make the odd mistake but also might create problems for the oppo. May as well take the risk instead of the perfomances Priestland is putting in. We are not talking getting rid of RP for good but he needs to work on his form...... simples. Biggar is another scenario why Priestland is lucky with him being the form 10 in Wales this year.

Ian Evans, as has been mentioned has had a good kick in the teeth. Our top lock this year. Matthew Rees whilst a previous great servant for Wales is possibly now past it. Owens had a far better lineout game than him in the first test yet got dropped out of the squad. Warburton hadn't played since the 6N and it shows. Tipuric has been at the top of his game and if they went head to head Tips would come out on top. Warbs will get back up there but he's not there right now.

We talk about how Wales have a fair bit of strength in depth. What's the point if the management will persist with the same players regardless of performance. Howley had the chance to show he was upto the job and could have stamped his mark on this side. Form players left out in the cold is him bottling big time. With Gats heading for the Lions and needing time out this could be a step backwards for Wales.

Did I mention I'm ever so slightly peeved?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I thought the Welsh lineout was poor last Saturday and did expect Evans to be starting this weekend, is he out of favour with the coaching team?
Tim Cymru
Would have like to see Scott Williams start cos I think we lacked penetration in centres. Glad to see that the lard arse experiment with Hibbard has been abandoned. Wales lineout was cr@p because Matthew Rees' throwning in, not because of locks

Optimism is back!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Cardiff Blue, Do you think the boyos have enough fire in their bellies to do the do this Saturday?

I reckon Tim Cymru have the goods and more importantly the desire to not go home 0-3 for the series. Meanwhile the Wobs have every reason for complacency.

What is your score prediction?

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm cyRil btw all, hey!

These threads are probably a good starting point if you want to read opinions on Delve's contribution to the Rebels as a player, captain and all round good bloke.

If you post in the 2013 thread it wont be too hard to get some reaction to how much he's going to be missed next year.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/rebels-2013.10646/page-10#post-376004

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/rebels-2012.7689/page-50#post-344879

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I am glad that the Wallabies have got pretty much their first team out. I'd rather lose the series 3-0 than claim a gyppo win against their seconds

Horwill (capt), Cooper, O'connor, Mitchell....... I'd say theres still a fair bit of firepower still on the sidelines.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)

It's unlucky on Evans' part not to get a start but not with regard to the lineout. Rees' throwing was so poor that it was impossible to judge if the locks would have had a good game in the lineout if he'd managed to fire a couple straight and at the correct height.

Still after a narrow loss it's always good to freshen things up a little as those that were brought into the starting team will lift the intensity and mood at training leading to better prep for the final test.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Cardiff Blue, Do you think the boyos have enough fire in their bellies to do the do this Saturday?

I reckon Tim Cymru have the goods and more importantly the desire to not go home 0-3 for the series. Meanwhile the Wobs have every reason for complacency.

What is your score prediction?
This is going to sound wildy optimistic but with my lucky welsh flag in hand, lucky beanie and lucky welsh shirt, i ll look like a complete prick but I reckon we can't lose. Wales by at least six. Grand slam vid arrived this morning. It s an omen!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just had a horrible thought. These three match tours are a great idea from spectator point of view, but how are we going to do them in rwc years? Or when there is a lions tour? On top of club/ region comitments players are going to be buggered. And we have to maintain irb #4. I ve come over to plastic paddys point of view. Less Welshmen in lions the better. Shame gatland is coach

Status
Not open for further replies.