• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs All Blacks 10th August @Optus Stadium Perth

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Savea tackles Hooper who is not in possession, then pushes his head down. Both right in front of the ref and touchie but no immediate reaction from them.
Hooper's reaction was Australia's way of saying we won't cop your crap any more and it put a stamp of authority on the Australian mindset.
To top it off, White comes in to push Savea away - that's adding insult to injury.

Yep, loved that. Good Aussie sides of the past have had blokes who were prepared to carry the fight to the opposition. It was good to see an example tonight.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought the greatest respect to our scrum was shown tonight by the amount of fast ball the AB's tried to get through it.............

Some very notable performances - AAA, Arnold, Hooper, White, Lilo, JOC (James O'Connor), Korobeite, and Hodge - the player who proved me wrong.

B

Bobby Sands

Wallabies good when there are only 2 Waratahs. Cheika to start Phipps, Foley , Hanigan Hunt , ACC in Auckland next game.

Controversial, but I’ll back this.

Many on here have called for this purge for a long time. It genuinely made me loathe the Wallabies the way we wheeled out the same players week after week. The injection of Lilo, Arnold, White, Naisarini, Kerevi etc makes this side so refreshing & feels like a new team not bogged down in previous failure.

Winning is the most important circuit breaker & I think this win could be the foundation of much more growth rather than the ceiling of this side.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I do have some criticism of Kerevi - he needs to get rid of the Folau like ball hogging at times.......... killed what should have been a try in the first half when we were against XV.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well by geez there has to be congrats to Wallabies and their supporters should be rightly happy! Hell they played well, and I suspect they would of won if ABs had 15 players on foeld, been a while since I have seen them play with that passion, and I thought stand up Hooper , you played best game I have seen in a very long time, lead the team well, but whole lot were VERY good. They certainly made ABs pay for being down a man. I owe CLL an apology, he was very good last night as was White and I would think this will be Wallabies starting combo from now on. JOC (James O'Connor) looked good to me, as did whole Wallaby pack.
Red card, although it may have been clumsy more than intent was still correct everyday, and probably twice on a sunday!!
I not sure if they will stick with Savea and Cane together, although we actually did alright in loose, it weakens lineout too much (especially when another jumper gets carded), I actually go along with DP up to a point on Coles and Savea being bloody good, although I would add Read into that he was bloody good. Moody perhaps needs to warm the bench, and wouldn't really get harsh on tighties in second half as they were always against it once SB went. Looking forward to next week now.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
When all players belted out the anthem - i thought yeah this could be good.
They then played with that confidence and enjoyment.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Congratulations you Wallaby fans. You deserve to celebrate. What a dominant performance. Score reflected the game. Your forwards bashed the ABs and the backs did their part too.

As for the ABs they have been on a downward slide for a while. The last 12 months they are an average footy team. Huge problems all over the team and in the coaching staff. Forget the World Cup - The Bledisloe looks in huge danger of changing hands.

On the plus side, a loss or draw at Eden Park would basically be a nuclear torpedo to Foster's chances of becoming HC. Every cloud and all that.

It now also sets up what will be far and away the most interesting test of the year, so far. The one that forces Hansen to reveal if it's all an elaborate charade and there's plenty being kept back for the RWC, or if this is, somehow, genuinely the best they've got to show for years of work.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
How good is it to wake up after the Wallabies put together a performance like that.

A couple of notable performances for mine (probably a fair bit of Sunday morning hubris in this, but so be it) -
- the whole front row was superb, but hats off to Tolu Latu. I had real reservations about his selection that he was being picked on what people thought he could do, rather than anything he’d consistently proven. I thought he was outstanding last night and very disciplined. Very happy to edit humble pie.
- on current showing Ala'alatoa & Arnold must be close to best in their position in the world.
- our locks generally are a level above anything we’ve had for a long time. Can’t possibly overstate the importance of having quality locks.
- IMO there was no form at all to justify Coleman’s inclusion. Just goes to show, he was outstanding off the bench. More humble pie for me.
- Keep our balanced back row.
- Nic White is not the player he was when he went OS. He is much better. Very sharp last night and troubled the defence constantly. I also note Genia is playing much sharper. A bit of competition is a wonderful thing
- Kuridrani can feel unlucky to have been left out. But JOC (James O'Connor) was instrumental last night in our performance.
- Koroibete was next level good last night.
- Beale is back in his groove at 15.

The big question now is can we back it up. For mine, I don’t want to see an rotation next week. Winning again next week will be tough enough. Let’s let these guys have another crack at it.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
What position did Koroibete play? Savage.
And Twiggy should have topped up Kerevi’s bank account while over there.
Massive loss

And Hooper is a savage. His work rate every time he plays for the Tahs And Wallabies is epic

TheNude

Peter Burge (5)
How good is it to wake up after the Wallabies put together a performance like that.

A couple of notable performances for mine (probably a fair bit of Sunday morning hubris in this, but so be it) -
- the whole front row was superb, but hats off to Tolu Latu. I had real reservations about his selection that he was being picked on what people thought he could do, rather than anything he’d consistently proven. I thought he was outstanding last night and very disciplined. Very happy to edit humble pie.

I think Latu was picked for contingency; outside of Pocock he’s probably our best forward over the ball we have and balances out the likely back row combination they’ve been working on. There are many, many reasons not to pick him but if Pocock isn’t going to make the field I think I get the thought process.

Reactions: TSR

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah - I agree with all that. I thought his all round game shone through last night. Made some great runs and tackled hard and often. Lineout throwing a little scratchy I thought - but got the job done.