• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs England, Sydney, 3rd Test, 25 June @ 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
And wouldn't that be a good game plan in your eyes? As it was, Skelton was completely negated with ball in hand. He was strong on defense especially against Vunipola the prop. Think he must have been targeting him.;)

His lineout work was almost invisible. BTW how many times did he lift Hooper or McMahon to win the line out? Almost impossible to count I would hazard.

As far as our locks go, I think both Coleman and Arnold have shown enough to be persisted with. Carter had a stronger game that Simmons, but Simmons also improved on his recent form. With Douglas to come back and Staniforth to keep pressure on those in front of him, the future is not so bleak for the second row.

Just don't ever play Fardy in the second row, ever again.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And wouldn't that be a good game plan in your eyes? As it was, Skelton was completely negated with ball in hand. He was strong on defense especially against Vunipola the prop. Think he must have been targeting him.;)

Problem is, Skelton was used very clumsily - partly because of Phipps' passing not being in front of him, but also because he WAS getting lined up by 2-3 pommy forwards in a rush.

Should have used that to our advantage and set him up for dummy runs, or short offloads to McMahon or Hooper either side. Big holes there.

I've always maintained that he needs to get down to 125-130kg to be truly useful at this level. Giving away three penalties doesn't help.

We didn't do enough on the inside channel to negate the rush throughout the game, overall

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
No. Had one double of rum. Maybe a triple.

Perhaps it just looks (more) awesome (than usual) in among all the shrill bitching from the bitched-up club of Bitchy McBitchfaces on here?
probably.. we got beat .. isnt maro australian..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
I think that wallaby team is pretty close to being where it needs to be. Horne needs to go and the halves need an overhaul but I'm liking the new players and the depth. I'm not sure where Giteau fits in the mix. He is quality but at the end and Tomua and Kerevi are doing the job at 12.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
No. Had one double of rum. Maybe a triple.

Perhaps it just looks (more) awesome (than usual) in among all the shrill bitching from the bitched-up club of Bitchy McBitchfaces on here?

You are happy that we just 'address' the tactical kicking before the next game then?

Don't think it should have been a concern before now and that we clearly had no plan to address it if Foley went to shit except 'keep trying boys it will work one day'.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think that wallaby team is pretty close to being where it needs to be. Horne needs to go and the halves need an overhaul but I'm liking the new players and the depth. I'm not sure where Giteau fits in the mix. He is quality but at the end and Tomua and Kerevi are doing the job at 12.

9 Genia
10 To'omua
11 Tomane
12 Kerevi
13 Giteau
14 DHP
15 Folau

Giteau and Kerevi to swap for different plays. DHP to take care of the clearing kicks.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
15 - Folau is world class
14 - DHP just played his best game and looks good
13 - Kirindrani - was quiet but is the future
12 - Tomua was great with Kerevi, Giteau and LILO as back up
11 - Horne has to go for Speight/Tomani or anyone
10 - I think it needs to be LILO or Tomua
9 - give Frisby or Powell a go

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
You are happy that we just 'address' the tactical kicking before the next game then?

Don't think it should have been a concern before now and that we clearly had no plan to address it if Foley went to shit except 'keep trying boys it will work one day'.

I'm happy that the core squad is right, but needs adjustment.

Cheika will probably do what he wants. Why don't you take it up with him at the next team meeting, expert?

Fact: England played the game their way, and executed.

Fact: we tried to play it our way, and our execution and discipline wasn't good enough.

If you want to throw stones at players who didn't do their jobs well enough at critical points, then drop basically everyone.

Start with Moore, who put up about as shit a performance as a captain as I've ever seen in Wallaby gold

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

9 and 10 are problem areas. Phipps passing was horrible in the RWC and has returned again. Frisby is so inexperienced and hardly setting the world on fire but probably a better option right now.
Foley's kicking is really doing us damage. if he can fix this he will be a solid option. But that is weeks if not months away - if it ever happens at all.
Cooper - well we all know he has his problems and he's off more then he is on.
Who else is there? Lilo - poor form. But at this stage also probably a better option.

12 - we got To'omua and Kerevi and depending on what game-plan your going with are solid options. I'm happy with our depth here.

Wing - we got heaps of option but we are just going through an injury run.

Don't get me started with the forwards.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Cheika will probably do what he wants. Why don't you take it up with him at the next team meeting, expert?

Fact: we tried to play it our way, and our execution and discipline wasn't good enough.

If you want to throw stones at players who didn't do their jobs well enough at critical points, then drop basically everyone.

Start with Moore, who put up about as shit a performance as a captain as I've ever seen in Wallaby gold

Fact: Poor strategy and game management led to England being able to easily implement their strategy and pressure ours.

Example. How bloody easy was it for England to put pressure on Foley as kicker because they know he is going to be the only one.

Or how confident do you think England got every time they kicked to the corners and they know they can put pressure on our line-out since TPN is on, and we only got 2 primary jumpers.

The poor execution and discipline, in my opinion, is a result of poor tactics creating unnecessary pressure.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

harsh Moore wasnt bad but neither was Foley.. We missed Poey.. Foley why not needing dropping 10 to go To'omua should have stayed on.. maybe To'omua was physically done.. game showed he was playing better then Foley.. I think Frisby should have got a shot but thats a hail mary...

In too many positions england have better or play better players

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
What happened to the positivity thread because this thread has equal intelligent Mumblings as one of my mums Internet dates.

I don't drop in often but this provincial bias BS is part of the reason England won. They divide & concour and you all sit feverish at keyboards typing away like the Indian gibbon who's hands often become loose from overuse causing it to fall.

I don't profess to have answers, my job isn't to come up with them. I'm in a great position where I can live with the love and understanding that despite coming up short a group of great young Aussies banded together against the 3rd & 2nd best team in the world. Did we have a chance? According to Eddie Jones who those on here that are probably to young to know used to coach Australia. No, no we didn't. Well that didn't stop the plucky boys in gold who everytime they got knocked down got right back up. blood flowing, lungs burning, Internet warriors doubting. Did we win a game? No. But sometimes there are greater things in life than winning. To the young plump boy eating lunch alone in wagga wagga because the other boys tease him about being fat, who's only skill in the world is pushing things. He's no longer alone. Inspired by Greg Holmes he's got another fat friend & he's saving for a hooker. They're our future front row. Not because we won or lost but because in three short weeks a team of Australians, from an isolated island continent that I'm lead to believe isn't by definition allowed to be both those things stood up to the tyrannical English. They looked a bully in the eye and said, yeah your better but not by much. And the same thing goes for children if all shapes, sizes, backgrounds & abilities all around this great country.

it isn't through bias that we will produce a winning side. Nor is it through individual slander or name calling. If anything it takes a moment to just have a breath, relax. Give England there due then just quietly without contempt or hate just give the Brumbies players a nudge in the shoulder and say, thanks guys but you're probably not up to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.