• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Ireland - 3rd test - Saturday 23rd June 2018 - Sydney Football Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^^^^^ I think we're into that period pre-RWC where the Laws don't get tweaked but I'd expect to see (as a minimum) the one-man lift outlawed post-RWC & possibly even no lifting whatsoever allowed other than at lineouts.

Yep. I can accept that Folau gets a rest (just) but for me, the interesting thing is how they now approach this aspect of play. Maybe it's just me, but it seems counter-intuitive to reward, or condone, a guy getting lifted and to penalise the guy who actually jumps that high under his own steam. And I say this in the context that obviously any player deliberately "playing" or tackling another in the air is clearly not on. But I also reckon mauls, as currently defined, are counter to the spirit of rugby, since a contest is nearly impossible, if a maul is structured well.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I disagree with the yellow card (or even penalty), and disagree with the suspension.

I reckon it's pretty clear which I think about the tahs players in general.

I can't recall the biased post I made in those threads though. It had to be me, for sure though. smh

Nah Gel, sorry to disappoint you but you are not the example of out and out Reds bias.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yep. I can accept that Folau gets a rest (just) but for me, the interesting thing is how they now approach this aspect of play. Maybe it's just me, but it seems counter-intuitive to reward, or condone, a guy getting lifted and to penalise the guy who actually jumps that high under his own steam. And I say this in the context that obviously any player deliberately "playing" or tackling another in the air is clearly not on. But I also reckon mauls, as currently defined, are counter to the spirit of rugby, since a contest is nearly impossible, if a maul is structured well.
Been banging on about this for while i have, to anyone who will listen (not many).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
next brilliant plan didn't work too well either:

ignore_zpsf4rwxlwi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.