• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales - Suncorp Stadium June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm not saying Barnes isn't any good - I really like him! I just don't get people saying that Lucas is not a Wallaby #10 when he's never been given a shot.

Fair enough.

My point 2 was more of a corollary from point 1. ie. Not only has he not played much 10, he has never played for the Wallabies. The very definition of untried and untested- at both 10 and in internationals. And given the perilous state of our backline at the moment I don't think it is worth the risk and thus I don't see him as a viable option.

That's not to say he isn't a good player and I wouldn't complain at all if he picked up a bench spot. Just not the 10 jersey yet.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tweet from @greg_clarkie: More bad luck for Wallabies. Joe Tomane off for a scan after rolling an ankle at training. Cooper Vuna running in his place.

Tomane better be right for the Brumbies clash against the Force in a few weeks...

Vuna? ugh...

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
That would be terrible. I know where I would be attacking if I was Wales. If Vuna does start he may provide some attacking spark though.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Tweet from @greg_clarkie: More bad luck for Wallabies. Joe Tomane off for a scan after rolling an ankle at training. Cooper Vuna running in his place.

Bad luck for Tomane. I like Vuna though. He has the potential to be a liability but he can also make a try from nothing. It will be interesting to see how he goes on the international stage.....if Tomane is out.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can see it now, jamming in on Davies setting a Cuthbert or North free down the line to score in the corner :eek:

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Just left training - David Pocock also sitting out a fair bit with Hooper running in his place.
80j5B.gif

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Physio had Tomane jumping up and down a little but then limped away without the aid of others - happened really early in the session and Vuna came straight in and ran in that spot for the rest of the session.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Trying working through the logic of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) @ 15.

He is the safest option under the high ball and strong defensively

All these issues we have could have been saved if cooper was kept in the squad. Why was he selected then turfed out, despite playing 80 vs the brumbies?

Either of the following look a lot more dangerous:

10 cooper
12 Barnes
13 McCabe
15 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

10 Barnes
12 McCabe
13 Horne
15 cooper

We need another ball player, Barnes isn't good enough at this aspect to appropriately utilise his outside backs. Tomane and Ioane are going to catch more colds.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Regardless of the result, we all know Beer will be the winner. Consumed by us in large volumes to forget this awful mess.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Regardless of the result, we all know Beer will be the winner. Consumed by us in large volumes to forget this awful mess.

Speaking of beer and the timing of the match, I'll be then breaking my self imposed alcohol ban after five days! (I know it's not much, but for one who's used to having at least two beers a night for so many years, it's a big thing!)

Thank goodness for the Bavaria's 0.0% beer to get me thru these withdrawal symptoms!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
All these issues we have could have been saved if cooper was kept in the squad. Why was he selected then turfed out, despite playing 80 vs the brumbies?

Can you imagine the hatred and vitriol for Robbie Deans if Cooper played and did his knee again?

Status
Not open for further replies.