• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales - Suncorp Stadium June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
No JOC (James O'Connor), no Beale, no Cooper, no Horwill, Tomane injured, Pocock bashed around against Scotland, Barnes struggling, 'Tahs everywhere - holy crap.

If the Wobblies get up this weekend it'll be a miracle.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
All these issues we have could have been saved if cooper was kept in the squad. Why was he selected then turfed out, despite playing 80 vs the brumbies?

Either of the following look a lot more dangerous:

10 cooper
12 Barnes
13 McCabe
15 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

10 Barnes
12 McCabe
13 Horne
15 cooper

We need another ball player, Barnes isn't good enough at this aspect to appropriately utilise his outside backs. Tomane and Ioane are going to catch more colds.

It has to be down to Cooper's fitness. Another 4 weeks of re-hab and conditioning may be prudent

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
VUNA! NO! I can can also see him being a liabilty at Test level, if u can score a try from nothing it gets cancelled out if u let a try in from nothing. Plus with Digby and ACC i think Morahan or Shipperly would make a much more balanced back 3. (AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Digby can kick for shit)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Trying working through the logic of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) @ 15.

He is the safest option under the high ball and strong defensively

He is in poor form, and hasn't been playing at fullback for the Tahs since the first couple of games. Besides not being much tested under a high ball this year, the Welsh are hardly the sort of team to resort to midfield bombs.

I've never thought that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was a real fullback, and I still think he isn't. And when he hasn't been playing there for his club side, it makes his selection even more puzzling. The best games I've seen AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) have been on the wing, and he's been damn hard to bring down. This year AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has barely broken a freaking tackle.

Out of who is available right now, I'd take Foley or maybe Morahan over AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), at least Morahan has been playing at 15 and had a bit more form. Even Mafi, who is in great form at the Force, has been better than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). I'd even be happier with Gerrard there for his boot. Surely it was simply because AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the incumbent, and outside of Beale we have no international quality 15s who have put their hand up.

If you just want defence, Fainga'a should be at 13 instead of Horne, so I don't see that is why AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was selected.

This selection just shows how weak the Wallabies are, in my book. On paper, I reckon the Welsh look favourites. Accordlingly, I may have some bias as I know some players are struggling for form - Barnes and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) both has been average for the Tahs at best, and Genia was atrocious on Tuesday. Not the sort of thing you want to carry into a tough game against the Welsh.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
i know its unrelated but has anyone noticed how much Bernard Foley has changed recently :p
http://www.rugby.com.au/wallabies/T...rofilePage/tabid/1513/playerid/8/Default.aspx

Thanks for that dozza I'm full up with the flu & the medication for it from Tuesday night & this gave me one hell of a laugh! Mixing up a prop with a fullback just made it that extra bit funny :D.

Agree re the comments about the +'s & -'s of Cooper Vuna. I like his attack, worried about his defense against his Welsh opposite. That's bad news on Tomane hopefully its grade 1 at best.

I want to see Nic White come off the bench & get some game time!

I put my hand on Rob Horne's shoulder on Tuesday night when I got a photo taken with him. Damn that's a solid shoulder, I'm hoping its a sign he'll have equal solid defense & will stay in one piece.

How the hell are the Welsh not fav's for this though? I know they are away but come on! Tab had the Wallabies at $1.60 at best. Currently its $1.57 Wallabies, $2.35 Wales. Clear proof that the person who sets the betting for Rugby at the Tab doesn't even follow the game with odds like that.

The Welsh line-up is impressive. I would have them as fav's. However I'm drugged up to the eye balls on flu meds so I'm backing an upset, Wallabies by 5.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
What start are the Welsh getting with some of the Aus betting agencies?

Welsh with the start looks a damn safe bet to me.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ash the line is Wales +3.5 at $1.90, same for Wallabies at - for $1.90

Wales 1-12 at $3.25 for mine would be the best bet for someone backing Wales.

Bring in Vuna & worst case scenario he lets a couple in then maybe Wales +13 at $6.25 is more the go........

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Suncorp Stadium is worth at least a fit Quade Cooper and Kurtley Beale to the Wallabies. I still tip us to win this...

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
8 Tah's are we Trying to lose.

McCabe,Horne what a joke. And Australia best kicker (Harris)is on the Bench and Ant F on the bench and he make more tackles in a game then McCabe and Horne do together in a season......

Hope the Tah players enjoy a cheers at Suncorp because next time there here it wont be like that at all....
Dave Dennis don't get that
Alexander thats just fucked, scrums went to shit house when he came on. Palmer deserve another shot and should be there.
Moore of the Bench thats shit, TPN should not even be mentioned

Tah's front row, looks like the selectors are on this forum to much, Part from Benn.

And again Dean wont sub untill the last 8 min's of the game when where behind by 25..

Early night for me, I will read about this game in the Paper. Glade I've given my tickets away now.

Fuck I cant wait for the Day Deans is gone.

Should just piss me right off and select Tom Carter for the next game

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There is no way the Wallabies will do the Welsh with that back line. Barnes has about as much flare as John Howard playing cricket and the rest of the backs have never passed a ball. We are in for another loss.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Did you Whisper in his ear, " thats a solid shoulder why can't tackle very well"
He can and does tackle well. His problem earlier this year, and less so in the last few games, was positional and alignment - going for the big hit.
If you're gonna bag the player, at least get it partly right.
As for bagging McCabe as a tackler / defender, what are you smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.