• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales - Suncorp Stadium June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If everyone was fit, our backline could look something like:

9 Genia
10 Lealiifano/Cooper
11 Ioane
12 O'Connor
13 McCabe
14 Mitchell
15 Beale

McCabe at 13 could bring back the days of Mortlock running crash ball at 13.

9. Genia 10. Beale 11. Ioane 12. Tapuai 13. Horne 14. Mitchell 15. O'Connor

There is no need for Cooper any more. Beale and O'Connor can swap whenever.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)

Out of the so called 3 Amigos, Cooper,Beale,O'connor.........Beale will come out on top.
Beale is coming into his own at 10

The Wallabies won't really miss Cooper and O'connor.

Thomo

Bob McCowan (2)
Right, so ... we have a backline full of players who never pass the ball - ever.

Barnes will pass the ball to one of them and that player will then either score a try or get tackled. No other outcome is possible.

One pass per backline move.

Hard to see how the term "One Dimensional" won't be being thrown about next Sunday morning.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Out of the so called 3 Amigos, Cooper,Beale,O'connor...Beale will come out on top.
Beale is coming into his own at 10

The Wallabies won't really miss Cooper and O'connor.

Apart from .....

times like now,

every other time someone is injured,

when we schedule games more than weekly on tours and in little tournaments every 4 years,

and whenever the opposition can close down Beale and we need someone who is more of a second 5 then one of the centres.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

On form...

Lilo > Beale
McCabe > Horne
Beale > JOC (James O'Connor)

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Setting aside "form" when players are broken Slim I have to say for me that should read Beale > JOC (James O'Connor) > Lilo at 10.

But I'm open to the idea Lilo could change all that with another season.

Re Horne I think he will do well, tho I confess to being an Ant convert!

Ath.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
he has played a couple of good games at 10 for the rebels in super rugby. Saying he is our best 10 would be crazy. I think if everyone was fit he would still be behind JOC (James O'Connor)
And cooper.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

Very likely, yes. I do think that Beale has developed at leaps and bounds in the last few years and systematically eliminated weaknesses from his game. For example, he now tackles and takes the highball very well. It doesn't surprise me that he was so good for the Rebels. Let's not forget that he also received his shot at fullback due in part to injury and immediately made the jersey his own.

Last year I would have agreed with you 100%. But this year is not last year.

RedCard

Peter Burge (5)
I think it will be a close game with less than 1 score between the sides. I don't think Wales were in top form during the 6N but did learn to grind out a win which had previously been missing. They can also be slow starters in a test match which has seen them slip up many a time. I expect them to keep it tight for the first 50 mins and also see quite a bit of North and Cuthbert coming in field and taking the ball up with Roberts not there.

I've got plenty of concerns from a Welsh perspective but much of that is to do with the past and waiting for the backwards step. I have faith in our forwards these days though even with 3 second choice in there. Also, we have quality on the bench. They should sneak this first test......... I just don't think they will.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Deans should just pick Ant Fainga'a on the wing. It's not like the ball is going to get past barnes often, and if it does it's certainly not going to get past the centre's, who've thrown about 6 passes between them so far this super rugby season.

Might as well pick a good defender.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Setting aside "form" when players are broken Slim I have to say for me that should read Beale > JOC (James O'Connor) > Lilo at 10.

But I'm open to the idea Lilo could change all that with another season.

Re Horne I think he will do well, tho I confess to being an Ant convert!

Ath.

Nah, Lilo was tearing it up all year... Beale played a couple of good games and rightfully was next in line... JOC (James O'Connor) hasn't been great but obviously is a good test player...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Deans should just pick Ant Fainga'a on the wing. It's not like the ball is going to get past barnes often, and if it does it's certainly not going to get past the centre's, who've thrown about 6 passes between them so far this super rugby season.

You haven't been watching the Brumbies this year?

vidiot

John Solomon (38)

He's not brisk enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.