• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

wallabies wish list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
1. Robinson
2. TPN
3. Alexander
4. Horwill
5. Sharpe
6. Elsom
7. Pocock
8. Palu

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell/AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)/Hynes
12. Giteau
13. Chambers/AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Ioane
15. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)/Beale/Hynes

16. Moore
17. Slipper
18. Mumm/Vickerman/Chizzzzz - Vicks and Chiz have more potential, but mumm is a more solid option atm.
19. Higginbotham/Hodgeson
20. Burgess
21. JOC (James O'Connor)
22. Beale/Hynes/Mitchell/Chambers

Its impossible to pick a team at the moment, there are 2 outside backs spots up for grabs and one inside backs spot (12). I think we all pretty much agree on the full strength pack. Hodgeson is a good bench player as he can cover so many positions, mumm can also play 4,5,6 so thats usefull for the bench.

Why does no one rate hynes, he's a heart and soul player who chases every kick, can play 11, 13, 14, 15 and doesnt drop the ball all the time. The same can't be said for shmoo.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
No offence meant. I'm just sick of people picking everyone out of position like Deans does.

There are only three fullback candidates for me: Hynes, Turner, Shepherd.

Scarfman, I like your notion of not picking guys out of position but cannot understand your rationale for considering Turner at fullback. He is a winger and has looked out of his depth at fullback. IMO his ball skills preclude him from playing anywhere other than wing.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
If we are having a wishing competition which this crap seems to be I'd take the whole 1991 or 1999 RWC team with coaches over the rabble we have now.

In any event is there one point recorded anywhere where this journo has ever disagreed with the coaching/management incumbent right up until it becomes obvious he/they are going to get the flick? Seems to be on the bandwagon right up to the point when the wheel starts to fall off and then jumps and says look I told you so.

Some critical incisive journalism might be nice. A display of Rugby knowledge giving a critique on what the individual players strengths and weakness are instead of the sycophantic crap we get served up.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Didn't even finish reading that article. I got to, "Rod Davies can play in the midfield" and gave up.
didn't he mean if one of the wingers went to centre then Davies would come into the wing position? I thought he just wrote it poorly

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
In my fantasy world, my employer would pay me to follow the Men in Gold around the world on salary plus expenses, and make me write fairy tales which are loosely linked to reality. How good would that be?
mmmmm Donuts, sorry just had a Homer Simpson drooling moment. He truly has the best job in the world so you would think he would at least know a little bit more about some of the up & coming Wallabies in waiting.

Anyway this is my Wallaby match day 22 assuming every player is fit & on top of thier game. What I'm looking for are strong defenders, team players & players who do the basics very well & are consistenly good week in week out & don't just look good when they're winning by 30.

15.Shepherd
14.Hynes
13.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
12.Chambers
11.Ioane
10. Quade (Yeah I know he can't tackle)
9.Genia
8.Palu (although I think McCalman can put some pressure on him in time)
7.Pocock
6.Elsom
5.Horwill
4.sharpe
3.Alexander (Slipper will be pressing in time)
2.Moore (Sorry TPN I still get nervous on the throwing)
1.Robinson

Res: 16,TPN 17,Slipper 18,Vickerman 19,McCalman 20,Hodgson 21,Beale 22,Giteau

We've got enough all rounders in the backs to play a 5-2 split.

Giteau can cover 9.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
mr fantastic would make a good 15 too, could defend the posts and be within reaching distance of everything. also be able to stretch right across the entire field, over the opposition

the incredible hulk would make a good prop, but be very ill disciplined

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
I like fatprop's team but get rid of this fixation with burgess and barnes on the bench. Others can cover shovelling the ball out rather than persisting with burgess. He is rubbish with a capital R. I like barnes (he's a Queenslander) but there are better impact players off the bench.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Why does no one rate hynes, he's a heart and soul player who chases every kick, can play 11, 13, 14, 15 and doesnt drop the ball all the time. The same can't be said for shmoo.

Because Hynes gets run down by forwards even if he has a head start. The same can't be said for schmooo

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Aah. I love this site. Sure, the beer helps, but still, it's awesome.

I started it, did you know?

How long til 1am, I'm not sure I can make it.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Have a cat nap around 10 o'clock, I did it last week after work and was up and primed for the game.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I've been drinking solidly since 2pm. We made pizzas.

It's the red wine that's the killer. White white up all night. Red red straight to bed.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Lol at cyclo

Im thinking Captain America at 10,

I saw Sean Fitzpatrick driving about near my house yesterday afternoon, I knew he lived close but not that close, I saw him in the car stared a bit and then nodded as he went by. Reminded me of the first Tri Nations trophy though and i couldn't stop laughing for about 15 minutes

With regards to ant finger and sookface i think its a case of start them or leave them because neither are great impact players.

Hynes is good but he doesn't have the line breaking ability from wing to make a big impact, well he hasn't from what ive seen anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.