• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I like Coleman a lot I think he has a MASSIVE potential upside. Timing is everything though. If he starts and plays consistently well for the Force he's in with a real shout

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I reckon there is a fair bit of potential for one or two tight five forwards to bolt into calculations, given that these positions are our greatest area of vulnerability.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Why do you think so many backrowers are giving the second row a go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Because they are all worried as Fardy moved to 6 ;). I think Sammy Carter had a belter against the Reds to start off. I think Peter Ryan's put some angry into them.. Good to see.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I like Coleman a lot I think he has a MASSIVE potential upside. Timing is everything though. If he starts and plays consistently well for the Force he's in with a real shout

Coleman was pretty good while he was onthe field against the Tahs. Some excellent lineout work after Charles learnt that Wykes couldn't catch a cold today.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Part of me wants the Waratahs to have an average season just so Cheika cant justify selecting Beale. (Sorry tah fans)

That's pretty dumb. You don't want a player picked just because he's a certain player? If the Tahs are playing well maybe it's because Beale is a good player?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
At the moment Beale would be hard pressed to come into serious calculations if most are fit.
Time will tell.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
That's pretty dumb. You don't want a player picked just because he's a certain player? If the Tahs are playing well maybe it's because Beale is a good player?

Well my comment was tongue in cheek. But, I'm not a fan of Beale and I'd say Cheika rates him a lot higher than I do. Part of it is his character, the other part his game. I'd describe him as a bit "flaky". Great attacking player but just not well rounded; he's a weak defender and prone to bad errors. He's the type of player you wouldn't see in an All Blacks jersey IMO.

I prefer the Toomuas of this world. Well rounded and tough as nails.

I'm just not confident seeing Beale in a Wallabies jersey anymore.

I'm predicting that Cheika will find him a spot at the world cup (probably on the bench). IMO there are better guys that will probably miss out as a result.

Also I do think having players with the right attitude is important when trying to win a world cup. See what happened to England at the World Cup (or even the Wallabies in the Lions series). The Force epitomise the value of having quality blokes in a team. I've spoken with a few blokes in the team and they have said that they love playing there because there are no egos.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Hasn't been any mention of the good game Christian Lealiifano had against the Reds as well. I know that the Brumbies simply outclassed the Reds across the park on the night, but Christian was especially strong at No 12, and his goal kicking was almost back to its best also. ATM I'd have him, Godwin and Horne on the Wallabies' bench in place of Beale.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Hasn't been any mention of the good game Christian Lealiifano had against the Reds as well. I know that the Brumbies simply outclassed the Reds across the park on the night, but Christian was especially strong at No 12, and his goal kicking was almost back to its best also. ATM I'd have him, Godwin and Horne on the Wallabies' bench in place of Beale.
Was great to see his radar back, certainly didn't have a bad game in the field but maybe didn't stand out as much as some of his teammates. If Quade doesn't comeback into form for the rc I'd be very interested in seeing the brumbies 10,12,13 in gold, they're developing quite well as unit.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Was great to see his radar back, certainly didn't have a bad game in the field but maybe didn't stand out as much as some of his teammates. If Quade doesn't comeback into form for the rc I'd be very interested in seeing the brumbies 10,12,13 in gold, they're developing quite well as unit.

And 14. Maybe one or two more as well at 9 and 11, depending on form during the Super rounds.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I thought Pocock was super effective for the Brumbies on defence. He put so much pressure on the reds breakdown and on Hunt. I really think we will be having a big debate over the next 4 months as to what is more important for the Wallabies: Hooper's running game or Pocock's defensive game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Pocock gave away three penalties as well so it wasn't all perfect from him.

Hooper made 18 tackles and was equal top in run metres amongst the Tahs forwards. He was almost certainly the Tahs best player.

The thread has well and truly given the honors to Pocock in round 1 and I probably agree with that but it was closer than people are suggesting.

The general theme of the discussions is that many people have just been waiting for Pocock to return to punt Hooper from the starting XV. I think the fan comments are very likely to go in the direction of Pocock all season regardless of how well Hooper plays.

T

TOCC

The general theme of the discussions is that many people have just been waiting for Pocock to return to punt Hooper from the starting XV. I think the fan comments are very likely to go in the direction of Pocock all season regardless of how well Hooper plays.

Take the tin foil hat off ;)

Prior to injury Pocock was nominated for IRB player of the year two years running... So it's natural people on this forum want one of the best players in the world back in form and representing the Wallabies.

Many people, myself included doubt he can/could return to such form, but if he can then you can't ignore his ability... The games versus the Reds was definitely a bit step in right direction.. To play so well after been out injured for so long is an incredible effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.