• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
With regards to the text, these blokes really need to give the "social" media away or at least have a non-engagement policy to people they don't really know. There are just so many shit heads in cyberland that love to bait anybody and everything. Probably half of them are bots.

They all receive "training" in social media now days, or should so regardless of context it is disappointing. On the same token one or two of us here have bitten on rancid bait from time to time..

True, but who TF cares what I say on Twitter? Like it or not, these guys will get held to a greater account, for the most part.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
You'd hope that is the case but did he really cop a lot from this game? Everyone understands he had a poor game but after a team performance like that no one really gets upset about an individual's performance do they..

For his whole career punters have been laying into the guy on social media. I have definitely noticed it pick up a notch in the last month though, some of the comments on the Wallabies facebook page for example are extremely disrespectful. Might be something about him competing with NSW and ACT options.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Does it really matter that much whether Horwill came on at lock and Mumm came on at 6? Sure the brief is a bit different and there is a difference in impact in the scrums, but would it really have been that different if he had come on for Skelton? The main brief is come in at whatever position and make an impact.

I was a big Mumm hater before he left but I was super impressed by 2 or 3 very big plays from the big lug.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
True, but who TF cares what I say on Twitter? Like it or not, these guys will get held to a greater account, for the most part.

If I twitted/tweeted whatever it is I'd care Cyclo. :)

I don't know if they are held to higher account or is it just a case that they they have a much larger following, and there are always those who are looking to take anybody down who has some success, usually the trolls who put out the bait in the first place, and those who do not stop and think for themselves but get on the bandwagon for their favourite love/hate?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Does it really matter that much whether Horwill came on at lock and Mumm came on at 6? Sure the brief is a bit different and there is a difference in impact in the scrums, but would it really have been that different if he had come on for Skelton? The main brief is come in at whatever position and make an impact.

I was a big Mumm hater before he left but I was super impressed by 2 or 3 very big plays from the big lug.

The argument was about comparing locks. If you have data for somebody at lock and somebody at 6 it is a bit hard to compare the data accurately with regard to set piece especially.

I was never a huge fan of Mumm either, as any look back on my posts regarding the subject will show when he was at the Tahs. That said I always rated his work at countering attacking mauls. Not the biggest player, but along with Mowen he was the best in Australia at infiltrating the maul and breaking it up. Doing by guile and technique was big Wil now does with brute force.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If I twitted/tweeted whatever it is I'd care Cyclo. :)

I don't know if they are held to higher account or is it just a case that they they have a much larger following, and there are always those who are looking to take anybody down who has some success, usually the trolls who put out the bait in the first place, and those who do not stop and think for themselves but get on the bandwagon for their favourite love/hate?

Most of what I tweet is eminently forgettable. ;)
But I agree, it isn't fair that these guys have to cop as much shit as they do, and it would add up over time and they can lose the plot in their response, but the tough truth is that they get held to a different standard than a random punter like me.
I'm not going to hang QC (Quade Cooper) over something like this (whomsoever he targeted probably was not blameless) , but it is a bit dumb, given recent history on Twitter for rugby in Oz.

T

Train Without a Station

Joeleee appears to be a dig at critics saying Cooper shouldn't be in the team. There's been a huge anti-Quade media drive with Zavos comments like "surely the Quade cooper experiment is over" having a dig at him as some sort of flash in the pan, or unwarranted test selection. Whilst certainly not perfect as a player, that's hardly he case.

Then they attack his character despite being one of qld and Aus rugby's best ambassadors during his career.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
If he's written it though, it's a piss poor performance.

That said, he's been absolutely squeaky clean since the incident with Dingo.

Thomo

Bob McCowan (2)
Surely Hes gone for at least 3 weeks? that was the stupidest thing that anyone did all day, and between Quade and Folau, we did some pretty dumb shit.

Did Hooper have a closed fist (punch) or not (slap). Everything will turn on that. The live footage is inconclusive. But there will be other angles available.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)

This does give a plausible explanation. If it is aimed at a newspaper columnist, or some other keyboard warrior, then perhaps the translation is:
"You should ask me along to your next brainstorming session, so I can tell just how much I care about your weekly dream team"

T

Train Without a Station

This is how he addressed it. Doesn't really shed much light

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437919921.118437.jpg

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Did Hooper have a closed fist (punch) or not (slap). Everything will turn on that. The live footage is inconclusive. But there will be other angles available.

not very clear from the footage. if anything it looks like he hit the guy with an opened palm strike/push to the back. wonder if there is any better footage out there of the incident. you certainly couldnt find him guilty on the video doing the rounds

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Whilst most of the likely RWC squad seems pretty locked down it seems like the last game has really firmed the cases for Mumm and Beale to be in the 31.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member

Yes it matters. If Mumm had come on at lock and our scrum had started going backwards instead of forward it would have made a huge difference to the other forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.