• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Inside Backs Headgear Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I rekkon the refs should check the headgear before the matches. Considering we dont even have a backline plan at the moment, what would the coaches even have to say?

R

Raptor

I rekkon the refs should check the headgear before the matches. Considering we dont even have a backline plan at the moment, what would the coaches even have to say?

in a game where things happen so fast it would be hard to get quick messages across. do they pass on messages like "drop goal" or "put it in to touch". what information are they supposed to be passing on?

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
No wonder Kafe didn't last so long in the wallabies. He refused to wear the cheating head gear... :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
"Crab, crab, crab, kick pass"

Do you honestly thing Dingo could have uttered such specific words?

More like "advance the ball laterally in your possession, review the available options, implement the most appropriate option given the amended situation, let the ball advance not in the hand if that will achieve the objective, allow alternative ball advancement options via lateral transference of the pigskin"

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
From the other perspective, Il Konzarelli, we have to be cautious about making unsubstantiated allegations, or indeed repeating them on an open forum, especially when it would be illegal under the laws of the game. The OP was stating is as fact; I think it has not to this point been proven to be so.

On that basis my pedallist friend, this entire forum is fucked. Most of what spouts from the majority of the posters fingers, mine included, could often be taken for statement of fact rather than a matter of opinion. How much fun could our legal friends have by trying to take to task someone who says that "Richard McCaw is the biggest cheat in the modern game", "Thomas Carter is the best #12 never to have worn a Wallabies jersey", "Rob Horne, MMM and Peter Hynes just have temporary niggles" or "Matt Giteau is currently the most underrated back and should be allowed to continue unabated in the Green and Gold for the next two world cups at least"

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It's funny but I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him.

I see him in the gym all the time and he works bloody hard and seems like a good bloke (I've been told he's a great guy by others too), just a shame he looks to be missing a bit of creativity in play or something...

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's funny but I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him.

I see him in the gym all the time and he works bloody hard and seems like a good bloke (I've been told he's a great guy by others too), just a shame he looks to be missing a bit of creativity in play or something...

Speed. Footwork. Maybe he would benifit from some headgear?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
On that basis my pedallist friend, this entire forum is fucked. Most of what spouts from the majority of the posters fingers, mine included, could often be taken for statement of fact rather than a matter of opinion. How much fun could our legal friends have by trying to take to task someone who says that "Richard McCaw is the biggest cheat in the modern game", "Thomas Carter is the best #12 never to have worn a Wallabies jersey", "Rob Horne, MMM and Peter Hynes just have temporary niggles" or "Matt Giteau is currently the most underrated back and should be allowed to continue unabated in the Green and Gold for the next two world cups at least"

If you read my earlier post, I differentiated between rumours about players changing clubs or codes, opinions about players etc and making allegations about systematic cheating over years as this was. And no, people crapping on (too much IMO) about Richie McCaw "cheating" is not the same thing and if you want to argue so, you are being obtuse, my joking japester. ;)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I am getting mildly concerned that the thrust of my important previous missive has not been understood. On the Total Rugby television program Stephen Larkham appeared to admit that he was miked up. Now he may have been having a lend of the interviewer or just generally was "taking the piss", but his comments are on the record.

As a side issue, it looks like Total Rugby is not the most watched program on Fox, even for Rugby tragics. I've seen it a few times before and watched this week only by accident. I had previously found it was very euro-centric and not very accomodating to the great SH ascendancy.:)

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Sorry i haven't replied earlier and repeated this on the forum before you guys viewed it,

red rooster i think you ought to watch the program before you have a go,

I originally started the post before the conclusion of the show when elton flately was sort of joking about it however i had to change the whole thing because Larkham admitted to doing it and then flately did as well.

Still not sure if he was taking the piss because I'm not very good at reading Larkhams facial expressions and tone of voice but it would be quite a serious revelation.

I think the video will be up i the next few days on the Irb website.

"CONSPIRACY THEORY 3 - The third in our series on great rugby conspiracies investigates Australian fly halves and their use of head-guards! Elton Flatley, Stephen Larkham, Matt Giteau and Berrick Barnes have all, unusually, worn head-guards and after a tip-off from a famous international we decided to delve a little deeper into why they have needed them. You'll be surprised at what we have unearthed!"

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's gay code, MajorlyRagerly. It means they're available.

Careful with the gay stuff, Groucho.

You could lose your Louis Vitton sponsorshipand there would be no more silk purses for you, only kangaroo scrotum coin purses.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Careful with the gay stuff, Groucho.

You could lose your Louis Vitton sponsorshipand there would be no more silk purses for you, only kangaroo scrotum coin purses.

Well if you're going to have a gay theme, it's Louis Vuitton, I mean get the sledge right FFS!! :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well if you're going to have a gay theme, it's Louis Vuitton, I mean get the sledge right FFS!! :)

C'mon Cyclo, You are old enough to remember the classic book "Real Men don't eat Quiche" pronounced "Real Men don't eat Kweechee" by Real Men who have never come across such a Nouveau concept as Kweechee.:confused:

Quiche: n. A food item from Europe, unknown by Real Men, similar in appearance to a Bacon and egg pie without a lid.

In the defence of other Real Men who can't pronounce Quiche, I plead ignorance of the entire Vitton family. :frans

Was it Louis or Pierre Vuitton who played second row for Pau in the late 80's?;D

Status
Not open for further replies.