• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is this ^^^^ post some sort of veiled reference to the old saying about "moving the Deck Chairs around on the SS Tahtanic"?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
It s good for mowen to move to a team where he can get a start. I don't know why the Tahs keep getting criticized, he isn't as good as Dennis nor palu. Just because someone has success somewhere else doesn't mean there better than they were.

Is s.finger better than Moore? They swapped teams and the lesser player has had success, does that make him better?

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Keeping the same Board, CEO, management team and Head Coach in place for yet another season gives me the opportunity to post yet again the story of the Italian opera singer:

A tenor was making his debut at La Scala. After he sang an aria the audience rose as one and roared: "Ancora! Ancora!" So he sang it again. Once more the audience demanded an encore, so he sang yet again. After the fourth time he pleaded: "Per favore non ancora."

A gruff Italian voice rang out from the balcony: "Bastardo, continui a cantare e finisci quando cantare correttamente." (You bastard, you keep singing until you get it right.)

It looks as if those who are responsible for the mess our team is in are determined to keep singing until they get it right. I should live so long.
Now where have I seen that before, Bruce?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
At least the Tahs have been consistent.

I wasn't even that upset on Saturday night as I was making the trek home from ANZ Stadium. I'm used to it now.

I'd seen the game before, so I knew what was going to happen.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
You have taken that a little out of context Bruce.

It's called satirist's licence, wj. Without a little misinterpretation the range of material we have to work with would be considerably restricted.

I know that you are probably as aware as any of us of the mess that our team is in. What distinguishes you is that you continue to focus on the positives.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
It's not even that I focus on positives Bruce. I point things that are wrong out, I just do so based on facts. The hysteria and conspiracy theory that abounds in relation to the Tahs season is at fever pitch. Every player they have let go is apparently world 15 worthy, every mistake never made by another player or team in rugby history. It's Ridiculus.

The Tahs are an inch away from being in the finals, not a mile. At the end of the day that's the same distance. It just goes to show how great the Tahs are when being competitive week in week out is rock bottom.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
WJ, they are not close at all.
They have been involved in many many tight finishes this year.
But they only ever looked liked winning a couple of them, despite what the scoreline suggests.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That's a big inch.

I feel a lot of the problems are psychological and perhaps mostly down to on field leadership. In recent years I feel that we would win most of these close games with Phil Waugh calling the shots.

This season we have lost every single close game except for the Sharks game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WJ, they are not close at all.
They have been involved in many many tight finishes this year.
But they only ever looked liked winning a couple of them, despite what the scoreline suggests.

That's a lie, they were leading with not much to go against the Reds, Highlanders, Force, Bulls, Cheetahs and now Brumbies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That's not a lie, it's a opinion.
There were a couple of those games I thought they were going to win, but several I was just waiting for the coup de grace from the opposition.....And I put my money where my mouth is and bet against the tahs by betting on the run in some of these games

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Don't bother wj, I was told losing by a small margin each game is worse than getting thrashed most games... Not sure how that makes sense.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In fact, I would say that the Waratahs deserve to be in the finals over the Brumbies, who clearly don't deserve their spot in the top 6.......

Status
Not open for further replies.