• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Monty Panesar has joined the squad.

---art_Monty_panesar_20111201161757590110-420x0.jpg

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
It is our duty to talk them up as much as we can tranq.

i asked Ewen Mckensie what he was going to do in order to claim underdog status for qld next season and he said that the reds are champions and should be favourates and thats that.

inthestands

Sydney Middleton (9)
Would be good to have them firing for the finals where a strong scrum will be very important.

I don't have much fear for the Crusaders scrum without Thorn.

No surprise that Tom Donnelly has ended up there. Very much in the mould of both Blackadder and Thorn: more substance than flash and he will become a better player than he ever could have where he was. My tip: he'll play more Tests than not in 2012.

R

ripper868

A Sky Blue Jersey? Really?
/PTT

Should have been more fanfare around it ala the AB's Jerseys.

T

TOCC

I reckon the 2012 jersey looks better without the piping below the chest like the "classic" version.

yeah that looks a little silly doesnt it, its like the needed to meet a certain quota of lines on the jersey so they just drew one there

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
TOCC's probably spot on, all the Cantebury jerseys have that piping. It's like the man-bra grip shit they had on a few team's jerseys a while back.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The jersey barnes wore at the supeRugby launch had light blue piping down below. The piping is there to allow a transition in fabrics between binding fabric and th chest plate for grip, but it sure doesn't have to be dark blue.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
TOCC's probably spot on, all the Cantebury jerseys have that piping. It's like the man-bra grip shit they had on a few team's jerseys a while back.

Their recent playing jerseys (2007 onwards) have been pretty ordinary to look at...excess piping and rubber grips etc. If they wanted to have the rubber grip, it should be the same colour as the jersey. The Springboks had the grips but it was the same colour as the jersey so it was less noticeable unlike the Wallabies which was white on gold.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I've asked this question previously but can't recall an answer. What has happened to Zipper Taumopeau? I heard he was in the extended Tah's squad but haven't seen his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.