• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Slightly off topic but is there still visa "difficulties" for Fiji citizens entering Australia due to our Government disapproval of the Bainimarama Regime?

Beautiful country; wonderful, friendly and welcoming rugby loving people.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Slightly off topic but is there still visa "difficulties" for Fiji citizens entering Australia due to our Government disapproval of the Bainimarama Regime?

I'm not sure, but I'd be assuming that a Fiji A side playing in a game like this will all be people living in Sydney.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
An Aussie based expat Fiji A team would still be a pretty formidable opponent for the Tah's As.

It is unfortunate that many of Fiji's best seem to be overseas, and therefore unavailable for development games such as these, in either Euro rugby or on national service in the Middle East with their Army.

T

TOCC

those who were linked to the military regime would have sanctions against travel to Australia, but players and coaches who don't are allowed to travel.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Hey by the way when a rower and a shot putter come across to Super Rugby how come we don't bag rowers and shotputters.....;) Izzy will play off bench against Lions..I will keep repeating my call from last year"He is THAT good"

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hey by the way when a rower and a shot putter come across to Super Rugby how come we don't bag rowers and shotputters...;) Izzy will play off bench against Lions..I will keep repeating my call from last year"He is THAT good"

The guy is 6'5 weighs around 100kg and is incredibly fast and agile. As far as physical specimens go, he'd have to be close to the best natural athlete in Australian rugby.

T

TOCC

The guy is 6'5 weighs around 100kg and is incredibly fast and agile. As far as physical specimens go, he'd have to be close to the best natural athlete in Australian rugby.

I dont think anyone is questioning the guys physical attributes, he is genetically blessed...

Its the technical understanding of the game which is the issue and where a lot of people hold doubts, especially at test level where one small indiscretion like not rolling away from the ball and been yellow carded will cost the team the game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I agree TOCC, there's no way he can thrown into a Lions series. I mean ffs he didn't even know what a yellow card meant. All that bs about watching rugby matches can't really be true.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I agree TOCC, there's no way he can thrown into a Lions series. I mean ffs he didn't even know what a yellow card meant. All that bs about watching rugby matches can't really be true.
So why are Dwyer & Ella calling for Horne's immediate axing?
I have little time for Horne but this guys is a completely unknown quantity - just think of all the blokes with natural ability who dont make it!!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Waratahs/Super Rugby is totally different to the Wallabies/Lions series

I don't see him replacing Horne, he shouldn't be 13 just yet. Keep him on the wing or at fb.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Calls to put Folau at 13 are just insane. 13 is a complex position, not least of all defensively, and he just does not have the time and likely experience to be playing 13 properly with regularity. Wing, or 15 at a pinch, I think. Now if he decides to stay more than 1 year and looks any good, it might be another story.
Horne needs to really step up if he wants 13 for the Tahs. It probably should be AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Waratahs/Super Rugby is totally different to the Wallabies/Lions series

I don't see him replacing Horne, he shouldn't be 13 just yet. Keep him on the wing or at fb.
Calls to put Folau at 13 are just insane. 13 is a complex position, not least of all defensively, and he just does not have the time and likely experience to be playing 13 properly with regularity. Wing, or 15 at a pinch, I think. Now if he decides to stay more than 1 year and looks any good, it might be another story.
Horne needs to really step up if he wants 13 for the Tahs. It probably should be AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The calls from Dwyer and co haven't been for Folau to play 13.

They've been saying that Horne is the obvious player to miss out on a starting spot which puts AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 and Folau at fullback.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I guess that's fair enough then, I wonder who Cheika is looking for at 12, a playmaker or runner. If the latter I'd prefer Horne over Carter but maybe it's 10 Foley 12 Barnes

P

Paradox

Drop Horne. Makes sense. One has to wonder why he was a Wallaby last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.