• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
One part of his biography states

Mr Allen joined Waratahs Rugby in November 2010 with the aim of delivering a high performance environment implemented via a three year business plan and designed to ensure Waratahs Rugby Ltd is sustainable and that rugby within the state of New South Wales continues to grow and prosper.

If you put X's in for Waratahs, Y's in for rugby and Z's for NSW then this is a direct pinch from "How to write your mission statement without committing to do anything." When I was in business I read hundreds of them. The American ones were definitely the worst, but some Aussies had a pretty good go at achieving mediocrity in 50 words.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
If you put X's in for Waratahs, Y's in for rugby and Z's for NSW then this is a direct pinch from "How to write your mission statement without committing to do anything." When I was in business I read hundreds of them. The American ones were definitely the worst, but some Aussies had a pretty good go at achieving mediocrity in 50 words.
He's certainly achieving mediocrity.

Anyone know how much this guy gets paid?

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think you guys have been a bit harsh on Jason Allen. Sure he doesnt have any rugby experience, but why should that matter? It's a new world and we are sadly a business now as well as a rugby club. It's not really his place to be the face, heart and soul of the Waratahs, that is left to the players. Dont forget he was instrumental in getting Chieka, Folau, Hooper, Gibson and others to the club.

And didnt our finances show a profit for last year? If JA can get a profit in a year like 2012 then he must be doing something right.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That's funny, I thought the coaching selection panel specifically excluded him.
I quite often hear players say they were impressed by the coaching staff and credit that for enticing them to move.
can't recall players saying that the CEO was a good operator and that's why they signed on.
He did make a profit last year, on revenues that were locked in before the season kicked off.
I would be flabbergasted if the Tahs were profitable this year,despite a much more successful year on the paddock.
And aren't they about to lose their major rusted on sponsor?
And wasn't it quoted that they are leaving on governance grounds?

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Of course coaches are drawcards to players, but there's a difference between a coach saying "I want you" and the player signing on - theres a whole legal and contractual minefield to handle. Think Digby. You ask any of the Tahs players who handles contracing and they will tell you it's part Cheik and part Jason - as it should be.

And players might not sign on for CEO's, but they certainly bugger off because of them. Think Digby again.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think you guys have been a bit harsh on Jason Allen. Sure he doesnt have any rugby experience, but why should that matter? It's a new world and we are sadly a business now as well as a rugby club. It's not really his place to be the face, heart and soul of the Waratahs, that is left to the players. Dont forget he was instrumental in getting Chieka, Folau, Hooper, Gibson and others to the club.

And didnt our finances show a profit for last year? If JA can get a profit in a year like 2012 then he must be doing something right.
Wasn't he the CEO of the organisation that re-signed Foley first for 2013 after the disastrous 2012? Only for Foley to leave and Cheika to come in as second choice?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Well Hugh, that seal its.He must be good!
Let's all forget about a whole fucking season where the Tahs never fired a shot.
Funnily enough, he is getting the same results over there.
Have an arm wrestle,get beat by 5 or 6.
Say jeez we were close! and look at the stats,we beat them everywhere but the scoreboard again.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
More PB's for some of the players in the game against the Southern Kings (taken from the Members email):

Adam Ashley-Cooper – 9 passes
Peter Betham – 8 passes, 2 tries, 5 line breaks
Cam Crawford – 3 tries, 2 line breaks, 94 run metres
Bernard Foley – 53 passes, 176 run metres, 2 offloads
Israel Folau – 204 run metres, 13 broken tackles, 7 offloads

Folau and Foley's stats are incredible!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s 9 passes must be a career record, not just a tahs one ;)

He can do it. I knew deep down that he could pass. Someone told me about it.

Funny things happen when backs pass the ball to those outside them.

Tries get scored. Fancy that. Wonder if this will be covered in the match debrief.

Pass the ball: team scores tries. Go to ground and set up a phase: team doesn't score tries. Hmmmmm.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
He can do it. I knew deep down that he could pass. Someone told me about it.

Funny things happen when backs pass the ball to those outside them.

Tries get scored. Fancy that. Wonder if this will be covered in the match debrief.

Pass the ball: team scores tries. Go to ground and set up a phase: team doesn't score tries. Hmmmmm.

Edit: Go to ground, team may score try in a later phase. Chip kick: Team does not score try.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Big Willie Skelton had a great cameo tonight. He is massive and made some solid runs and caused a turnover disrupting a maul. Certainly looks promising. Douglas looked like he was average sized sized in comparison and he made Dennis look like a midget.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368404215.188058.jpg

Anyone else feel like channeling Gino Vanelli? NSWRU marketing strikes again!

Status
Not open for further replies.