• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tommy had some great games, and is no doubt a hard worker.

But he can't roll with this game plan.

Plus, one less uni player had to be good.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
It's probably been covered earlier in the thread but I haven't been following.

What's Will Skelton like as a player, as opposed to a giant? It's not unknown to take a chance based on a youngster's raw physical ability and hope the rugby development can match it. Is he in that category? Or is he a genuine talent who happens to be uniquely massive?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Noticed that Folau was out at Kings today doing some autographs. At least he's in the right part of the city - but preaching to the choir though.

Also hear that NSWRU have asked for ARU assistance to re-sign him. They need to find it - pity they didn't waste all that money paying JON a bonus for sending the joint broke.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It's probably been covered earlier in the thread but I haven't been following.

What's Will Skelton like as a player, as opposed to a giant? It's not unknown to take a chance based on a youngster's raw physical ability and hope the rugby development can match it. Is he in that category? Or is he a genuine talent who happens to be uniquely massive?
He played well on his debut last week.
IMO he still struggles with his mobility.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Noticed that Folau was out at Kings today doing some autographs. At least he's in the right part of the city - but preaching to the choir though.

Also here that NSWRU have asked for ARU assistance to re-sign him. They need to find it - pity they didn't waste all that money paying JON a bonus for sending the joint broke.
surely NSW and corporate supporters can come up with the Bling bling to keep him? how about the ARU, noting it is cash strapped, relaxes the third party payment rules.

based on benji marshall's salary, you'd have to assume rugby needs to find an extra $100-$150K per annum to keep issy.
lot of expensive packets leaving the ARU and Tahs soon - barnes, mitchell, timani and ioane

but i've said before, izzy should recognize the realities. 3 years to 2016 in rugby with Aus and then head to france or japan where he will get paid, realistically, $1.5-$2m a year at that point in time - perhaps more.
carl hayman was previously the highest paid rugby player in the world at about $1M a year......now there's guys on in excess of $1.5M...that's a big increase in less than a decade.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Berrick Barnes and Mitch Chapman were out at Chatswood junior rugby training in Sydney this evening. Signing autographs and encouraging the kids. Great to hear.

I understand some of the players were at Carlingford last night.

Apparently they are doing a lot of this over the next two weeks.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Apparently they are doing a lot of this over the next two weeks.

From the Tahs website:

FREE Tahs Junior Clinics
WEST - Tuesday May 14 - North Rocks Junior Rugby Club, Kingsdene Oval, Felton Rd, Carlingford from 5:30pm – 6:30pm SOLD OUT

EAST - Monday May 20 - Easts Rugby Club, O’Sullivan Road, Woollahra from 5:30pm – 6:30pm

SOUTH - Monday May 27 - Sylvania Rugby Club, AR Hurst Reserve, The Promenade, Sylvania from 5:30pm – 6:30pm

NORTH - Tuesday June 25 - Beauchamp Park, Nicholson Street, Chatswood from 5:30pm – 6:30pm SOLD OUT

http://www.waratahs.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/157/ArticleID/8792/Default.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.