• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Is there any real chance that Cheika was involved in the design? Surely the "art department" or some highly paid designer would have responsibility for this.
Or is he the only full time employee now?
I would have thought the volvo gender logo suited marketing perfectly.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
its an alright jersey, nothing special. I doubt the map is really a statement, just comes from the tradition that the waratahs represent all of new south wales. The pro teams certainly need to get better jersey designers o the case though!

p.s. the volvo logo actually derives from the symbol of iron in sweden, which goes to the astrological symbol for mars. The male gender symbol also derives from the symbol of mars.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Next years alternate jersey, Ponies won't be pleased about the design on the back:

19702.jpg

19702_2.jpg

Really can't see any Brumbies' players or fans being upset by the map on the back, but I would think that all Tahs' fans should be outraged by the overall design and colour scheme.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I reckon the best alternate/away jersey design of recent times was the 2010 one.
8507.jpg

I have heard 2014 is the end of the Tahs' five year contract with Canterbury. Judging by the design of this year's alternate jersey, it could be time for another supplier with fresh ideas.

Or is he the only full time employee now?

He may not be the only full time employee, but Chieks is likely to be only one in the upper hierarchy that is getting the organisation heading in the right direction.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I am old fashioned, I like hooped classic jerseys

A NSW map on the jersey has all the hallmarks of mediocre marketers struggling to find a new spin, and failing

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I've just seen some of the Brumbies guys on here get a bit riled up because southern NSW is Brumbies territory

What is important is the form on the field. Can't see how some second rate jumper design is going to be instrumental in that. Hardly worth getting riled up about.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What is important is the form on the field. Can't see how some second rate jumper design is going to be instrumental in that. Hardly worth getting riled up about.
Fuck that.
Pay attention, the front of the jersey makes fat blokes look thin.
Bit worried about the BBQ sauce down the front though!
(It's about us,not the players isn't it?)

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)
The postie just arrived with my member's pack. Member's card and lanyard. A key ring (vastly superior to last year's effort), a sticker featuring state map (a little bit similar to away jumper) and a cap voucher. Just about ready for the season to start now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom