• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Agree that population shouldn't be a factor: 70,000 people turned out to Toulon's official celebration yesterday (Toulon has a population of 110,000)

That really is insane.

It highlights what we're up against. Not sure how we're going to keep players in Australia in a few years. The Wallaby jersey won't be enough when players can earn 3 times as much in France.

Toulon will probably be able to offer a guy like Folau €1 million+ per season after 2015. And I believe sports people and entertainers pay a much lower tax rate in France.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
200,000 showed up at the rallies to get South Sydney reinstated to the Loig.

What's their average crowd these days? 13k? 14k?

Crazy Grey

Frank Nicholson (4)
These simplistic arguments, are not tiresome but rather humorous. If you truly feel that a city actually performs and thinks like this, any city for that matter, than it is a reflection on your own limited understanding of the world, or perhaps on a more micro level the company that you keep to seek out experience.

I would say don't spout such drivel, if it had come from any place of insight or authority. But, like most things you post on here - it is baseless and ignorant. However like most posters on here, I appreciate the "colour" you bring to discussion. Heaven forbid you actually take yourself seriously.

Woh. Easy tiger. Is that how you speak at home?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
23K was av home crowd in 2013.

Fuck that's pretty good - if its the real number or just the "official" one.

They play at Homebush now right? Smart move from their point of view as while its hardly Redfern, at least the Souths fans scattered all across Sydney have a central point, with public transport.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fuck that's pretty good - if its the real number or just the "official" one.

They play at Homebush now right? Smart move from their point of view as while its hardly Redfern, at least the Souths fans scattered all across Sydney have a central point, with public transport.

South ... central?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
BpWOXpmCAAADiex.jpg

Here's a nice blast from the past tweeted by Super Rugby.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Hewat played well in his time for the Tahs but I don't know if he was ever good enough to snag a gold jumper. However, others could say he wasn't given the opportunity so we'll never know. Given the chance I wouldn't've selected him.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hewat played well in his time for the Tahs but I don't know if he was ever good enough to snag a gold jumper. But, others could say he wasn't given the opportunity so we'll never know. Given the chance I wouldn't've selected him.

Tuqiri thought he should've got one!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fucking great boot, good pace, and good feel for the game. He was a good defender, but a shit tackler.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Actually it will be really interesting to see what crowd the Waratahs can get for the Brumbies match at ANZ. They have 4 weeks to promote it, the prices are reasonable, the Waratahs form and style of play is excellent and the match is crucial.

If that isn't the perfect storm for a big crowd I don't know what is. Anything under 40k would be disappointing.

A significant win against the French by the Wallabies comprising mostly Tahs and Brumbies players would also be a great marketing advantage.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
A significant win against the French by the Wallabies comprising mostly Tahs and Brumbies players would also be a great marketing advantage.

Actually I think the best case scenario would be a thrilling test series won 2-1 by the Wallabies with say To'omua and Folau combining for a last minute match winner in a 32-29 heart stopper in the Sydney decider.

Status
Not open for further replies.