• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So the Waratahs have their trial against the Chiefs on Friday 6th February at the SFS and I'm at a charity lunch at the SCG all afternoon (for the Northcott Foundation).

I'm sure to be in fine form by kickoff ;)

Cracking (unintentional) planning!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I didn't respond to the query yesterday because I was asked not to mention him.

The Tahs will be making a media release. It's a good story about him they say.

But he is crocked actually and is having trouble walking.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I didn't respond to the query yesterday because I was asked not to mention him.

The Tahs will be making a media release. It's a good story about him they say.

But he is crocked actually and is having trouble walking.
Heh. If they didn't want him identified they shouldn't have posted a picture of him on social media yesterday.

I look forward to the media release.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Thanks Dave - great play and wonderful memories. I wonder if current players ever have video sessions featuring golden oldies like this one?
People often say the game has changed, in that clip some of the angles, hands, support play and second touches shown there would work today.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What's the story there? Never knew he had the moniker of the "Turtle".
I'd only heard him called that: here's the explanation: " By this time Tom had acquired his nick-name of Turtle', given him by fellow Souths player Andrew Slack, who said if Tom ever fell on his back he would not be able to get up, like a turtle. Slacky, however, got his come-uppance, as he was designated as ‘Sugar Ray', after famous boxer Sugar Ray' Robinson, because he "couldn't fight his way out a paper bag"."
Great bio - kind of touches all the elements of our game:
http://www.rugby.com.au/wallabies/TheTeam/WallabiesProfilePage.aspx?pid=798

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So the Waratahs have their trial against the Chiefs on Friday 6th February at the SFS and I'm at a charity lunch at the SCG all afternoon (for the Northcott Foundation).

I'm sure to be in fine form by kickoff ;)

Cracking (unintentional) planning!

Whilst not good news for me, this game will apparently be played at Campbelltown Stadium which is good for getting quality rugby to south-west Sydney.

I'll need to find someone to give me a lift there now!

The Waratahs will release more details next week.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Taking the game to Cambelltown is a great initiative. I hope they give it some promotion down there and involve the local club and Illawarra RU as well.

A long drive from your function at the SCG though BH, hope you don't get carsick:)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Take the train to Leumeah Station. It's right next to Campbelltown Station Stadium. Let StateRail do the driving.

Edit: Stadium and Stations mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.