• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Hope NSW has recruitment plans for a decent 12. Only a fool would rely on Beale for the season.
Ps Melbourne has first dibs on Lilo, mitts off. And don't even think of trying for Mitch. We will set Secret agent Daz onto you.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
http://usarugby.org/mens-eagles-news/item/eagles-selected-for-november-tour

A first cap could be handed to Greg Peterson, who, at just 23 years of age, has one cap with NSW Waratahs in Super Rugby and will be with the team for the three matches in Europe. The lock represented Australia at the 2011 IRB Junior World Championships but has expressed his interest to play senior-level test rugby for the United States.

Peterson’s father Kevin played American football for Northwestern University and the National Football League’s Dallas Cowboys, while his grandfather was a rugger.

“Greg and the Eagles have been speaking for a while and we’ve had a couple of attempts to have him at camps that weren’t able to come off because of his contract obligations,” Tolkin said. “We finally have a chance to bring him on board and have a look at him heading into the World Cup year.”

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow I had no idea. You'd think as soon as he gets capped the Tahs can no longer re-sign him.

Was always curious what happened in situations like this, do they ditch him immediately or wait until the contract expires.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Don't think you can bring in another straight import with potgeiter still on the books, could only be a development player.
Don't mind the idea of Edwin Maka, ARU could foot the bill for that one since he doesn't have any caps

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hope NSW has recruitment plans for a decent 12. Only a fool would rely on Beale for the season.
Ps Melbourne has first dibs on Lilo, mitts off. And don't even think of trying for Mitch. We will set Secret agent Daz onto you.

Inman... he's got speed and size but no class, think there are cheaper, younger more promising options coming through Shute shield and NRC

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Don't crucify me, but don't ARU pay some of the contract for Super Rugby players who are capable of playing Wallabies?
They pay top up contracts to the to 25-30 players, with a two year minimum in the wallabies set up to qualify. The only recent exceptions to this have been folau and hunt, both of whom are proven athletes with huge marketing potential. An uncapped also ran playing in France doesn't come anywhere near qualifying for a top up.

That's not to say the tahs shouldn't look at him - I don't know much about the guy, but you're dreaming if you think the aru will pay.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I really hope that Beale goes. I am sick of the shit and waiting for the next stuff up. In that case I would be happy to see Horne back at 12 and some speed on the wings. The big issue becomes cover for 10.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
I really hope that Beale goes. I am sick of the shit and waiting for the next stuff up. In that case I would be happy to see Horne back at 12 and some speed on the wings. The big issue becomes cover for 10.

No issue at 10, Volavola is a pretty solid player to have in the ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.