• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
The Aus said he is on 50k. I think that's conjecture from the fact they reported he was in the EPS which is contradicted by the waratahs press release which shows he is in the main squad. So I doubt the Australian was right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Tahs to sign another Wallaby.
How do they fit them all under the salary cap..

They did lose Adam Ashley-Cooper, Stephen Hoiles and Sekope Kepu and they haven't really signed any big names (other than Zac Guildford, who would have been cheap). Odds are they have some cash to spare.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
0a8396b13259dca8982c7bbe31f40fc6.jpg

Photo courtesy of our lord and saviour, WaratahJesus

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
They did lose Adam Ashley-Cooper, Stephen Hoiles and Sekope Kepu and they haven't really signed any big names (other than Zac Guildford, who would have been cheap). Odds are they have some cash to spare.
In fact they lost Kepu, Ala'alatoa, Potgieter, Chapman, Hoiles, McCutcheon, Gray, McKibbin, Faleali'i, Lance, Betham, Ashley-Cooper, Naiyaravoro and Volavola - and of the 16 new faces only Ta'avao, Guildford and Robinson could demand a little more than the standard contract, though not in the realms of the 7 current and former internationals who've moved on.

Not that Hoiles, Betham, Naiyaravoro and Volavola would've been on much - but AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Kepu and Potgeiter certainly were, and Palu's certain downgrade helps that equation too.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Players returning from overseas are treated like international marquees: they only take up a certain percentage of the cap no matter how much you pay them. This includes, I'm assuming here, Foley, Palu and the soon to be announced fly half.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Players returning from overseas are treated like international marquees: they only take up a certain percentage of the cap no matter how much you pay them. This includes, I'm assuming here, Foley, Palu and the soon to be announced fly half.

That doesn't make sense, some numpty returning from playing in 2nd division Italy is treated like an International Marquee?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
That doesn't make sense, some numpty returning from playing in 2nd division Italy is treated like an International Marquee?

Some numpty returning from playing in 2nd division in Italy is probably not going to make a Super squad.

T

TOCC

Well at least you can save money if you are a Sharks/Tahs supporter and just buy the one jersey.

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
According to the Tahs, you can't. They had a statement with the pic of Cat and Phipps that due to Daiken only coming on late last year, these jerseys won't be for sale, so they have the fan one instead.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Surely it wouldn't be hard to Canterbury to add the sponsor to the jersey. Especially the match day replica.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
According to the Tahs, you can't. They had a statement with the pic of Cat and Phipps that due to Daiken only coming on late last year, these jerseys won't be for sale, so they have the fan one instead.

That doesn't make a lot of sense..........

They can't sell that jersey because the sponsor only came on board last year?

o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.