• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Clearly he’s no jackpot,and he’s on the lower end of the pay scale.
But why are we fishing in those waters?
We can punt on plenty of locals.
By all means get a saffer, but pay the top odds and get a good one, not a squad filler.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
How would you have felt in 2014 if you got Jean Cook instead of Jacques Potgieter?
Signing other players was part of the reason you let Adam Coleman go to the Force in 2014. I know it's hard to trade on potential, but gamble on players you'd be proud to see succeed.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
By all means get a saffer, but pay the top odds and get a good one, not a squad filler.

We've got rid of foreign marquees.

They were also looking at Emmanuel Meafou so I guess there is interest in the massive unit but there aren't exactly a lot of choices and they are all works in progress.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Part of the reason why Cheika was so succesful was that he came into a squad and effectively identified what it was missing and did what he needed to, to fill the gaps. Hence Jackpot, Giteau etc.

I think it's a lot harder than people realise.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
I don't know why people are connecting Roets to Jackpot. Jackpot was awesome. With him in the starting side, the Tahs won a premiership and got to the semis the following year. And he kept Skelton on the bench all season. I support every attempt from the Tahs to sign someone as good as Jackpot.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Emmanual Meafou was a big missed opportunity, he is now at Toulouse after playing for Warringah and NSW Country Eagles. Would rather have had him (an Australian) on the roster this year instead of Roets.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Emmanual Meafou was a big missed opportunity, he is now at Toulouse after playing for Warringah and NSW Country Eagles. Would rather have had him (an Australian) on the roster this year instead of Roets.

I get why Meafou wasn't signed. He was big, but he was largely a bench player for the Rats. He had a crack in the NRC but didn't really blow anybody away.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Frost is back from NZ and has been drafted into Aus U20 to go to Argentina. Haven't seen him play in over 2 years. Certainly is Tall timber, but wouldn't have have the frame of Roets.

Might be an option, see how he goes at U20.

Max Douglas is another very young and raw they should watch. I believe he has been playing grade in Manly (possibly displacing Roets to the bench)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Frost is back from NZ and has been drafted into Aus U20 to go to Argentina. Haven't seen him play in over 2 years. Certainly is Tall timber, but wouldn't have have the frame of Roets.

Might be an option, see how he goes at U20.

Max Douglas is another very young and raw they should watch. I believe he has been playing grade in Manly (possibly displacing Roets to the bench)

Frost has signed with the Brumbies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
And a good one by the looks of it. I can't see the story but the in the search results I can see under the headline'was found slumped behind the wheel'..

S

Show-n-go

Jeez what do they do here?

Have another player sacked within a week or keep him and cop flack for Folau comparisons?

Status
Not open for further replies.