• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2021

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Not too concerned a out Abel, with Porecki, Cotton and Horton we’re well covered, but Maddocks is a concern. We’re already very light on for the back three

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Not too concerned a out Abel, with Porecki, Cotton and Horton we’re well covered, but Maddocks is a concern. We’re already very light on for the back three

Bit of a shame, but 3rd club in a few years always suggests deeper issues with a player IMHO

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hard to say whether or not Maddocks missed the squad or was only left out because he is injured. He has a broken hand.

Regardless, his level of performance for someone who should be one of a side's best players at Super Rugby level is nowhere near consistent enough. We can't have that sort of money tied up in someone who isn't consistently good.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Hard to say whether or not Maddocks missed the squad or was only left out because he is injured. He has a broken hand.

Regardless, his level of performance for someone who should be one of a side's best players at Super Rugby level is nowhere near consistent enough. We can't have that sort of money tied up in someone who isn't consistently good.

Christy Doran reported he was going to have a crack at the olympics a week ago:

In a massive boost for Australia’s men’s sevens gold medal hopes, the Wallabies star, along with Test teammate Jack Maddocks, are in the mix to go to the Olympics.

That said he may have been told he wasn't going to make it earlier on, prompting the swap to sevens.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Bit of the flawed genius about Maddocks, can do some exceptional things, but can drop his head and be really ordinary.
One problem I do have with him is defence. He is a strong tacker, but his positioning himself to make a tackle is awful.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
FFS if the Blues had a season like NSFW just had there would be an enraged omnibus of photo essays roughly 666 terabytes long. Where is the graphically and gratuitously illustrated post-mortem?

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
FFS if the Blues had a season like NSFW just had there would be an enraged omnibus of photo essays roughly 666 terabytes long. Where is the graphically and gratuitously illustrated post-mortem?

tenor.gif

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)

Yeah we have plenty of other players filling that role

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Yes, it is a big loss. I guess not being in a bloated Wallaby squad showed he's not wanted and chasing a more lucrative contract and experience
Tahs mis-management might be pushing others OS. Most stay for a gold jersey. Hard to show you’re any good in an underperforming franchise with little to no forward planning

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
tenor.gif

Phil Kearns kids playing "Drive like Daddy".

OHHHHH, that is a shocka Betty Crocker.

Did I even go there ?

I think I did you know!

LET US NEVER, EVER, EVER SPEAK OF THIS POST AGAION.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

You'd have him ahead of Kellaway that's for fucking sure. Particularly with literally no other fullback besides Banks.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
I was really hoping Maddocks would kick on to be our main stay fullback. Problem is he is often suspect under the high ball and his head drops way too often.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Maddocks at his best is, IMO, the best 15 in Australia. Trouble is he doesn't have the mental toughness to produce that with any regularity, particularly when a couple of things go wrong early.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Maddocks at his best is, IMO, the best 15 in Australia. Trouble is he doesn't have the mental toughness to produce that with any regularity, particularly when a couple of things go wrong early.

Hamish Stewart has a blinder once every season too.