• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Munster face fight to keep Stephen Larkham amid Waratahs link - Independent.ie
Munster are facing a battle to keep hold of their highly-regarded senior coach Stephen Larkham who is being courted by the Waratahs in his native Australia.
The World Cup-winning Wallaby great signed a three-year contract when he arrived in Limerick in 2019, but could be tempted by a return home after two seasons as the underachieving Sydney-based franchise look for a replacement for ex-Reds supremo Rob Penney.

The rumours have started

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
The pressing question here is if Larkham signs for the Tahs, how much will Slim’s wine consumption go up?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Apparently it is just a rumour and he has no intention of going to the Tahs
Pity - I actually would have been surprised if interested given risky proposition taking tahs coaching proposition and been there done that in terms is super rugby coaching role

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Pity - I actually would have been surprised if interested given risky proposition taking tahs coaching proposition and been there done that in terms is super rugby coaching role

He hasn't really had any success as a head coach so I'm not sure he'd be the most desirable candidate for the Tahs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He is struggling at Munster

He's not the head coach but Munster have done well (second in Pro 14).

Are the stories that he's struggling that he doesn't really like living in Ireland or that his coaching role apparently isn't going that well?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
He hasn't really had any success as a head coach so I'm not sure he'd be the most desirable candidate for the Tahs.

I am more concerned with his conservative approach as head coach, for a guy who played glorious attacking rugby with lots of players in motion and attacking threat, his coaching is/was kick and maul

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I am more concerned with his conservative approach as head coach, for a guy who played glorious attacking rugby with lots of players in motion and attacking threat, his coaching is/was kick and maul

I think his probably grown as a coach from when he was at the Brumbies, then Australia and now Munster, I wouldnt like to see a Brumbies Favorite son going to the Tah's but you could do alot worse then Larkham as coach. I'm certain his way of rugby will suit the team he coaches. You could do alot worse.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
I think his probably grown as a coach from when he was at the Brumbies, then Australia and now Munster, I wouldnt like to see a Brumbies Favorite son going to the Tah's but you could do alot worse then Larkham as coach. I'm certain his way of rugby will suit the team he coaches. You could do alot worse.

Tahs have been there done that

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Pretty sure I read somewhere where the reports of him linked were denied, and that he wouldn’t be seen dead there such is his dislike for the Tahs.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Not impressed with Larkham so far. Has an insane roster to play with and manages to beat everyone else in the Pro 14 except Leinster who roll Munster without breaking a sweat. Performing as expected, no more no less.