• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Nothing wrong with locking up the young talent, but still waiting on some signings to suggest the tahs can turn things around next year. It's a very young crop of props they're working with.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tiaan Taukipulu, Adrian Brown and Langi Gleeson to long-term deals.

So Adrian Brown is a LHP from Gordon who appears quite similar to Angus Bell in that he is a big, skillful ball runner.

Langi Gleeson played 6 for Australian Schoolboys and appears to be a barnstorming ball runner.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That's not particularly useful. When does the season kick off?
Pleasing to see experienced players like Holloway, hooper and hanigan return to the fold.

Just need some rock star backs signings and things look brighter. I am also positive cf to some on here on appointment of Coleman as long term view. Need to stick with him and give him time as no penny Shannigans please.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
They did really well though. They're actually two guys who have the potential to be long term options at lock.

They gave it a great nudge absolutely. At 195cm though I think Williams is not a long term lock. Tahs missing some size and height and im not sure how hanigan, holloway, williams etc rectify the problem. Hanigan and Holloway will be welcome returnees, and allow the two youngsters to focus on building themselves, but Caird was menat to supply the height and Whetton the size.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
I've been thinking about the DC recruitment strategy and noticed this little bit on the Reset 22 profiles....

Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco Centre/ No.8...... Perhaps DC is thinking a bit differently about the squad makeup and could have a very left field but tasty combination that solves a lot of the squad dilemma..................................

How's this for a different matchday 23....

1. Angus Bell
2. Porecki
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (or A. N. Other TH) Need this slot filled above all else.
4. Douglas/Caird....? still weak here
5. Whetton/Williams/Hanigan.... as above
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Holloway or Will Harris
9. Gordon
10. Harrison/Donaldson
11. Perese - (Potentially a Korobeite style everywhere man)
12. Warren-Vosayaco...... this is the wildcard... Could be a game changer at 12 giving us that big body we need.
13. Foketi/Walton
14. Ramm
15. Harrison/Donaldson.

That configuration gives us the backline we need with a big unit at 12, a gun winger in Perese....

We've got a ton of backrowers, so RWV won't be missed in that slot.

Solves a few problems, worth a try in my book.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I've been thinking about the DC recruitment strategy and noticed this little bit on the Reset 22 profiles..

Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco Centre/ No.8.. Perhaps DC is thinking a bit differently about the squad makeup and could have a very left field but tasty combination that solves a lot of the squad dilemma............

How's this for a different matchday 23..

1. Angus Bell
2. Porecki
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (or A. N. Other TH) Need this slot filled above all else.
4. Douglas/Caird..? still weak here
5. Whetton/Williams/Hanigan.. as above
6. Swinton
7. Hooper
8. Holloway or Will Harris
9. Gordon
10. Harrison/Donaldson
11. Perese - (Potentially a Korobeite style everywhere man)
12. Warren-Vosayaco.. this is the wildcard. Could be a game changer at 12 giving us that big body we need.
13. Foketi/Walton
14. Ramm
15. Harrison/Donaldson.

That configuration gives us the backline we need with a big unit at 12, a gun winger in Perese..

We've got a ton of backrowers, so RWV won't be missed in that slot.

Solves a few problems, worth a try in my book.

Like the thinking here - wonder if players like Holloway also encouraged to come home with Coleman signing as i suspect has lot of street cred in sydney rugby circles

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
They did really well though. They're actually two guys who have the potential to be long term options at lock.

Yep and they would be better for the experience....they are developing well and the season playing top flight Super Rugby aided fast tracking their development. They definitely deserve to be retained and developed further under Coleman. I am actually ok with the locks with Hanigan returning - just need one star - Rodda category - maybe one of the young uns could over time get there....

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco signed due to his relationship with Rob Penney (prior to him being sacked). Penney gave him his start in Japan.

Dazzling

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yep and they would be better for the experience..they are developing well and the season playing top flight Super Rugby aided fast tracking their development. They definitely deserve to be retained and developed further under Coleman. I am actually ok with the locks with Hanigan returning - just need one star - Rodda category - maybe one of the young uns could over time get there..
What ever happened to Cameron Skelton? I remember that Chieka had some plan to bring him back to the Warathas when he was HC? it all seemed to fizzle out, may be like Cameron Skelton?