• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2022

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The intern in charge of Waratahs social media could come up a better design on the draw release infographic on Instagram. Might have looked good on the 30” MacBook, not so much on a small mobile screen
07606A52-2988-44C9-8CF2-71D4CC4A63C0.jpeg

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Given the infographic is mostly blue they probably wanted them to stand out. Or subconsciously they were letting the fans know not to go?
Gee tough crowd - I would have thought they did enough just sharing it on social media etc so know the Waratahs games being played

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
29th of Jan sees a pre-season match against Brumbies being held in Bowral. More than close enough to attend and still return home that evening. With a Waratah Women's City v Country as the warm-up match.

And the previously announced Waratahs v Reds pre-season match on the 12th of Feb in Roma, Qld.

And memberships are now on sale. https://am.ticketmaster.com/nswwaratahs/
Already got my membership sorted. Pre-season match in Bowral is close enough for me to head up too.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)

Anyone with ideas about who may start ? They are all good...My opinion is that Edmed and Donaldson play slightly different games... Edmed a tactical kicker and Donaldson a great distributor to his outside backs. Harrison loves to run himself, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start at fullback where he played a little last year. Depending on training and pre season, Donaldson or Edmed to start at 10...

Last edited:

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Nic Dolly on the reserves bench for England this weekend. So I have a question for the so called development team at the Waratahs when was the last player you developed thru to Wallabies from juniors, academy, senior tahs thru to Wallabies. Hanigan???

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Nic Dolly on the reserves bench for England this weekend. So I have a question for the so called development team at the Waratahs when was the last player you developed thru to Wallabies from juniors, academy, senior tahs thru to Wallabies. Hanigan???
Angus Bell
Lachlan Swinton
Harry Johnson Holmes
Jake Gordon
Jack Dempsey

have all debuted for the Wallabies since Hanigan

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Bit tough on NSW, Dolly was really under everyone’s radar

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
More pre-season action.

5th of November (International Nutella Day) sees the Waratahs play 25-minute thirds against West Harbour, Hunter Wildfires, and then the Two Blues. This will be followed by 3 25-minute matches between the 3 Shute Shield teams. First game at 4pm, final game ending around 7pm. All happening at the brand new Eric Tweedale Stadium in Granville and will be the first ever event held there before the Two Blues go on to call it their home grounds.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
More pre-season action.

5th of November (International Nutella Day) sees the Waratahs play 25-minute thirds against West Harbour, Hunter Wildfires, and then the Two Blues. This will be followed by 3 25-minute matches between the 3 Shute Shield teams. First game at 4pm, final game ending around 7pm. All happening at the brand new Eric Tweedale Stadium in Granville and will be the first ever event held there before the Two Blues go on to call it their home grounds.

Cool idea, glad to see they're focusing on the non North/East Sydney teams.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Tahs development is shit house but doesn't look like Dolly is an example of that.