• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Good club to get to but he's also going to be sitting behind some class Hookers there. Not sure if any of these guys are leaving but they have Julian Montoya (75 Arg caps), Nic Dolly (1 Eng cap, born in Sydney.....) and Charlie Clare (played almost every game last year) Youngs retired but time on the field might be limited for him at the Tigers.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Good club to get to but he's also going to be sitting behind some class Hookers there. Not sure if any of these guys are leaving but they have Julian Montoya (75 Arg caps), Nic Dolly (1 Eng cap, born in Sydney.....) and Charlie Clare (played almost every game last year) Youngs retired but time on the field might be limited for him at the Tigers.
Premiership starts 9 Sept. According to article, injury cover. Nic Dolly suffered bad injury.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Montoya has the rugby championship on and Dolly is injured, they've picked him up as injury cover. The articles are calling it a "short term deal" so it sounds like a single season and maybe he's still signed with the tahs.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I doubt we have him, I think having 4 hookers on the roster is very rare. We have Porecki, Latu and Vailanu.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Doesn't seem big enough to develop anymore tbh. Same issue as Hugh Roach.
More athletic though. May suit as a NH 7? And although I don’t disagree, DR like Lonergan at the Brumbies and he’s hardly Andre the Giant.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
New ground looks nice:

If it is anything like Parra it will be great

It is going to be interesting, they have apparently cut out parking on the Moore Park fields, so the light rail will be smashed, I think there will be a lot of walking down to central