• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)

Quite a good article on the entire team leading into the season.
But asked if Jones’ views – and possible request – about who he’d like to see at No.10 would be a factor, Coleman said: “I guess we would have that discussion if we ever came to it. My primary employer is the Waratahs and my job is to win games here, but I am mindful of the national interest. We’ll wait and see.”

Interesting point of view. They are gonna work together in this

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
I think that's a pretty fair way to talk about it.

He may have only had minimal contact with Eddie so far if any and he is preparing a team to play a game this week and then competition proper in 3 weeks. If he doesn't prepare the Tahs correctly and win games it will affect their potential Wallaby selections anyway.

There is every chance we see Donaldson at 15 come round 1 with Edmed at 10. He has had to fill the teams for the trial to be as balanced as possible.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
17A26E10-A9C6-4D1E-9B76-267363FCCA6E.jpeg

Signed through 2025.

Love it. Most improved player IMO last year then was great for Aus A.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Getting ready for the season, I have just scanned the home games. Seven home games and seven away. Away we have the Drua, Rebels, Hurricanes, Brumbies (was 2014 the only year we ever won in Canberra this century?), Blues, Reds and Crusaders. Except for the Chiefs that is all the heavy hitters away once.

I was critical of the team for making the top four their goal and not top two, but looking at the away games it is hard to imagine us getting fourth and we should just scrape the eight. That means all finals away. I know the old adage "If you're good enough you'll get there" but the mountain looks very high this year.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Membership of a 4 game flexi acquired... or it will be once this verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow website gets its skates on...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Didn’t even win in 2014, I was at that game and we got spanked. Funnily enough that loss seemed to turn the season around.

I think the Tahs last won in Canberra in 2011 thanks to a late Timani try?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Going to a couple of the Friday games, the plan is to take the light rail up from the CBD after post work drinks - it could be messy
Wish they could've made the Moore Park station between the SCG and SFS. It's quite a walk to the ground and I don't see the reason for it being where it is.

Alex Ross (28)
Wish they could've made the Moore Park station between the SCG and SFS. It's quite a walk to the ground and I don't see the reason for it being where it is.
I reckon it’d be a crowd issue if it’s too close. You want people waiting for the light rail a bit more dispersed away from the stadiums

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The tram's approach to Moore Park is a direct line from Central up Devonshire Street. The Moore Park stop's about as far back as it can be after the line emerges from the tunnel under Anzac Parade. The only way the stop could've been closer to the SFS would've required a left bend in the line and then a 270 degree right turn to go along Anzac Parade. Not feasible.

A 300m stroll after the game's a good way to walk off some of the beer.....

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I reckon it’d be a crowd issue if it’s too close. You want people waiting for the light rail a bit more dispersed away from the stadiums
Yeah part of it is crowd diapersion to stop a crush.
Still the tram system is designed poorly.
for mass transport post major events. in the times I've used it, it has never been executed well, with tram delays and poor crowd control at the station post match

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The tram's approach to Moore Park is a direct line from Central up Devonshire Street. The Moore Park stop's about as far back as it can be after the line emerges from the tunnel under Anzac Parade. The only way the stop could've been closer to the SFS would've required a left bend in the line and then a 270 degree right turn to go along Anzac Parade. Not feasible.

A 300m stroll after the game's a good way to walk off some of the beer.....
More likely get off at surry hills, beers at the trinity, the clock, the dolphin etc then to the game