• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Gilmore has a lot of potential as a coach, but let's not follow the traditional route of throwing a young coach into a head coaching role, grinding them down over a couple of years, and then deciding they're hopeless.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
From what I understand, the players prefer his coaching style to DCs.
Yeah I’ve heard that too.

Colemans unwillingness to change or modify his preferred style of attacking play causing some frustration from the playing group. They need to add bows to the string and he doesn’t want that.

Doesn’t mean Gilmore is the next person for the gig.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
It always fascinates me that on these pages the best possible thing is to NOT be in a role. If you are playing overseas, or in the under 20's, or an assistant coach or coaching overseas you are the messiah, the next big thing that will change the world. Of course, once you get selected or are appointed to the job you're just a naughty boy, not up to it, have to go because the next big thing is somewhere else.

HooperPocockSmith

Bill Watson (15)
Don't worry, I wasn't saying Gilmore should be HC. I think he's a talented assistant who would be better off going to a high-performance environment, getting experience, and coming back to Aus.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Bit nervous about Miles. He's a big lad but not sure he'll be as great as everyone wants straight away. He wasn't getting consistent time in France, where any lock from Australia looks like a god.

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
Bit nervous about Miles. He's a big lad but not sure he'll be as great as everyone wants straight away. He wasn't getting consistent time in France, where any lock from Australia looks like a god.
Did he play any junior footy in Australia before heading to France. ?

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
Not selected for the 1 team higher than what he achieved as a schoolboy… we should only be signing Australian schoolboys and disregard others.
Not at all. Just trying to get an idea what he made. He didn’t seem to get much game time in France. I get big body just trying to gage can he play

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
I think even the Gordon Highlanders didnt want him by the end!
Wonder what ol duddo is doing now.

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Doesn't anyone reckon we should be placing greater emphasis on the opportunity this season for Edmed to push on and display his potential for the future and higher honours. I understand Bowen's played well for Easts and U20s but is still a bit behind on some of the qualities needed to play consistent Super, with a tendency to throw hospital balls/interceptable passes and lacking the gain-line frame that Edmed has. More than happy to be proven wrong but just feel Edmed has proven his talent for us and Australia 'A' (clinched the away series win against Japan and good in Pacific Nations) and warrants some more faith from supporters.

On the other hand, I can more readily engage in discussions around Teddy Wilson and would like to see him given more minutes than Goddard was last season and by the end of the year enter into a White/Lonergan playing time split and hopefully not a McDermott/Kalani Thomas one.