• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Wallaby Ways

Chris McKivat (8)
Bell
Porecki
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
Hanigan
Sinclair
Hollaway
Gamble
Gleeson
Gordon
Harrison
Pietsch
Foketi
Perese
Mark N (Nawaqanitawase)
Jorgo

HonestMax

Frank Row (1)
Bell
Porecki
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
Hanigan
Sinclair
Hollaway
Gamble
Gleeson
Gordon
Harrison
Pietsch
Foketi
Perese
Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase)
Jorgo
I’d have:
- Hanigan and Holloway in the row with Swinton at 6.
- Harry Wilson at 9, but he’ll probably come off the bench for a while
It’s a very good squad but still lacking depth in the tight 5.

ReeceHodgeOfficial

Stan Wickham (3)
IMG_7743.jpeg

Could we see Walton at fullback? Or am I overanalysing a training jersey in a pre-season video?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
That new bloke from France could help here
I agree he could help, but even if he does I think it unlikely this pack will be able to produce the kind of consistent and cohesive tight five play that sees at team compete in and win titles.

ReeceHodgeOfficial

Stan Wickham (3)
Are you sure that's even Walton? Looks as much like Jorgensen as it does Walton to me.
IMG_7742.jpeg
IMG_7741.jpeg

Yeah the back of their heads have striking similarities, had to double check.

I believe Jorg is due back from injury round 2 or later according to Coleman. Interesting replacement if so

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
View attachment 18118View attachment 18119

Yeah the back of their heads have striking similarities, had to double check.

I believe Jorg is due back from injury round 2 or later according to Coleman. Interesting replacement if so
Fair enough. Last I heard was Jorgo should be good for round 1 and might trial but they won't rush him, though now that I think about it that could've been about Harrison.

Makes sense to be looking for 15 coverage outside the starters with Donaldson gone. If Walton takes to it he makes for a very useful bench player, Harrison/Edmed/Bowen get to focus on playing 10, and Coleman gets time to settle the pecking order.