• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I am pretty sure he only got one cap. Thanks for nothing, Eddie.
Road the bench for a second but didn't get on the field, not sure what effect that has on the start of his stand down but it wouldn't make much difference given our test schedule.

Would probably have got more though - he copped a season ending knee injury in 2022 when he was in the England Squad.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Leicester lists him at 98kg. You can’t be super effective in the front row at that. Surely they are short changing him. Another website has him at 103kg which is still on the smaller side.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_9318.jpeg

Meh, fringe NSW Cup Winger.

Tevita Funa 2.0

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
I am really looking forward to the battle for the 10 spot. I agree, Edmed starts in front, Bowen will hopefully get his chance to show whether he's at this level yet, but let's not forget Will Harrison. IMO he was our best 10 prior to injury, it will be interesting to see how he comes back. He's had a bad couple of seasons with injuries, who knows where he could be now if he could have stayed fit.
Harrison, if he gets back to full fitness and overcomes his knee issues, is a cut above Edmed. That’s a big if. Tane is solid but not much pace. They both have to get the ball off Gordon though!

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Harrison, if he gets back to full fitness and overcomes his knee issues, is a cut above Edmed. That’s a big if. Tane is solid but not much pace. They both have to get the ball off Gordon though!
Still think Tane should look to play 12.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Lalaki Foketi might have other ideas.
Yeah ok you cant have two players in a squad that can play the same position. Great call.

Tane has a different skillset to La. La can also play 13 (but are you just going to say Perese might have other ideas).

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Ned Slack-Smith is going to be an interesting addition

A ’footballer’ rather than a thumper. Has beautiful hands and I hope we get the most out of him. Australia hasn’t traditionally done well with those Parisse-style backrowers.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Perese has been selected @ 12 - for the Barbarians vs Wales

An interesting selection, an angry crash baller @ 12 has certain value in modern rugby

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Super W but:

The NSW Waratahs have today announced Michael Ruthven as the new Head Coach of the NSW Waratah Women's side and the Director of Women's High Performance.

The two-year appointment follows an extensive search and consultation process with applications received from coaches within Australia and from around the world.

Ruthven was the clear and outstanding candidate from the long list of quality coaches who applied for the position bringing a wealth of experience to both roles. along with a strong track record of success in NSW club and representative rugby.

The Director of Women's High Performance will lead three core areas of the women’s rugby program:
• Head Coach of the Super W Program
• Co-ordinator of NSW Women's Elite Sevens Program
• Creation of NSW Women's Elite Training Program

I do like the fact that he (as Head Coach) is reporting to himself (as Director of Women's High Performance).

So very rugby.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Perese has been selected @ 12 - for the Barbarians vs Wales

An interesting selection, an angry crash baller @ 12 has certain value in modern rugby
There is merit but he’s always been a limited footballer and there hasn’t appeared to be much improvement in the last 5 plus years beyond his physical capabilities.

An effective but limited Super Rugby player seems to be his ceiling.