• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Nelson has been listed with Canberra Royals on the U19s team sheets so I assume he’s staying down there? Good chance to play first grade in the JID.

They’ll be pushing it with the others though. Bit of 2nd grade for some?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Another trial against the Pasifika team tomorrow at Knox.

1701309104571.png
1701309114537.png

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Someone needs to decide who trains to be 12 and who trains for 13. The two roles are very different. This should be the last time Tuipolotu and Walton swap around. Coaches should already know from last year who suits the roles best - what they need to do is play together in their best positions and develop combinations.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Hope they have been at training but I can understand some shifting since these two are playing for what is most likely a bench spot.

Seeing who can cover the most could be useful.

I think Ropata has the ability to push into the top squad by the end of the year as well.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Week after playing the Reds in Roma in a trial and the week before playing them again in Round 1.

Hard to know if it will be much of a side or just give them 20 mins and sit after that.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Bit late, but even though the Waratahs jersey looks almost 1:1 with the Heritage jersey from last year, it still looks awesome, and bonus points for the away jersey which looks great as well.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Didn't think he'd actually go but I don't blame him. Waratahs have plenty of outside backs to fill his position anyway. Hope he smashes it in the NRL then comes back for the WC

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
From what I've seen of Sua'ali'i weve secured a downgrade on Nawaqanitawase at astronomical expense.

Rugby management in this country is properly hilarious.
Couldn’t agree more
Sua'ali'i in nrl on around $750k, signs with Aus rugby for $1.5m with many parts of his game still needing to improve
While Marky N goes the other way for less then Sua'ali'i was on!