• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Cause I am the furthest Tahs supporter, I live 12,700 kilometers away and I have to wake up at 5 in the morning to watch the games. And TBH, it is not a big deal. The Tahs only won a Super Rugby title since 1996, so the odds are very low
Can you send me a free Jersey from wherever you are?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Cause I am the furthest Tahs supporter, I live 12,700 kilometers away and I have to wake up at 5 in the morning to watch the games. And TBH, it is not a big deal. The Tahs only won a Super Rugby title since 1996, so the odds are very low
Good chance there’s 1, 2 Tahs fans in London. 16,000km away.

Not poo pooing your fandom but this has been a bizarre request.

TheRugbyGURU95

Frank Nicholson (4)
Like what? We pay our memberships, we go to games, we watch on stan. I's sure there are on here a few that play in their local comp or ref.

Why can we not be disenchanted with our struggling code? Do we need to call up the Tahs and say "I'm unhappy, be better"?
For starters how about increasing engagement by setting up more pages on more mainstream social media platforms to keep people interested. The amount of league pages that come across my newsfeed is crazy. Something with a point of difference such as NRL Physio.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
For starters how about increasing engagement by setting up more pages on more mainstream social media platforms to keep people interested. The amount of league pages that come across my newsfeed is crazy. Something with a point of difference such as NRL Physio.
That's not make senses. It's like to create 10 Super Rugby franchises but you can't fill them with hight level players cause you don't have them. Just focus on create a better competition

If the Kiwis lower their level of play a bit, as I think they might, as too many ABs went overseas, it could become a more entertaining competition with Aussie sides fighting at the top.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
And that's the fans role? Surely social media for the teams is the, oh I don't know, the responsibility of the team?

How many of the league pages are realistically "fans" pages? Sure they're for the fans, but I wouldn't think they're run by the everyday average fan.

Sort my attitude out? Ok grandpa

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Does it actually drive engagement with the game though? Don't disagree with you, but I think these products are created from the initial interest of the game they follow rather than pushing people to the game. Game interest grows through good competition and quality.

Rugby has definitely been late to the party in terms of Instagram and clips but the Tahs have had some very good stuff this pre season. I think they may have been late through a lack of resources to spend on it when it was considered an optional luxury.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Media is the most important aspect of engaging fans in professional sports these days.

Better media products which develop storylines, player profiles etc. will do a lot in mobilising jaded rugby fans and turning casual fans into diehards.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
My concern is the halves which will be one of the weakest in the comp, the resting of our best xv is strong

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Halves are a bit of a question, but may work out all right.
At 9, Gordon is very good at Super level (even if he can't translate that to test level), Grant is a journeyman but rarely lets you down, the big question is how Teddy Wilson steps up. Tons of potential, hopefully it's a bit of a breakout year for him.
At 10 Edmed is solid but not much more, the big question is how Harrison returns from all his injury woes. He was clearly the best of the three in my mind before he got hurt, so how he returns will be very important. Then of course at the youth end there's Jack Bowen, another good kid who will get the opportunity to see if he can step up.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Halves are a bit of a question, but may work out all right.
At 9, Gordon is very good at Super level (even if he can't translate that to test level), Grant is a journeyman but rarely lets you down, the big question is how Teddy Wilson steps up. Tons of potential, hopefully it's a bit of a breakout year for him.
At 10 Edmed is solid but not much more, the big question is how Harrison returns from all his injury woes. He was clearly the best of the three in my mind before he got hurt, so how he returns will be very important. Then of course at the youth end there's Jack Bowen, another good kid who will get the opportunity to see if he can step up.
Teddy Wilson was a standout in the U20s. I reckon he has the potential to be a fantastic Player

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Teddy Wilson was a standout in the U20s. I reckon he has the potential to be a fantastic Player
He does. He also has potential to plateau and find the next step too big. A couple of years ago we had a boom group of youngster in the junior Wallabies. McReight, Harry Wilson, Hosea, Harris, Lolesio, Harrison, Lucas, Donaldson, Nawaqanitwase. It takes time for these guys to come through the system and there is no guarantee they will turn into the world beaters they may look like at 19/20.

Let’s give the kid some time.