• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Because we don’t know what boundaries they have set on their relationship.
Yeah they could have an open relationship. I guess it seems unlikely.

I guess even if I was in an open relationship I'd still want my husband at home with a newborn rather than out getting his knob polished.

And I guess when looked through the vane of a sporting club you aren't that keen on blokes who are out getting their knob polished and then accused of sexual abuse to play for you (since acquitted), particularly when they aren't going to be any use in a playing sense. Rightly or wrongly.

There just doesn't seem to be any upside for the Tahs who are already pretty fucked?

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So you can get sacked for cheating on your misses some world we live in
He had sex in a pub bathroom, with someone who wasn't his wife. That part is not in dispute and had it been that he was just kicked out of the pub for it at the time he would've ended up with a long stint on the sideline minimum. Given his history of off field incidents it's even money his contract would've been torn up then and there.

It's up to the tahs (and Beale) what happens next, but I'd be surprised if they thought he was worth the trouble, or for that matter if he was that keen on hanging around knowing his conduct would be under the microscope. Most likely he takes the money somewhere he can be a bit more anonymous to round out his career.

Last edited:

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
So you can get sacked for cheating on your misses some world we live in
It certainly won’t help an aging player who is past his prime to get re-signed. What he has to offer as a utility back coming off the bench won’t compensate for his actions and the bad press he’s brought to the code and the organization.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I don't want him back, but if everyone who cheated on their spouse or partner lost their job a third of the population of both sexes would be sacked.
Look, I think it's appaling behaviour, but I am not sufficiently self-rightous to think the rest of the world is required to live by my standards.
From a rugby perspective, he's 35, was already on the decline two years ago, hasn't played for over a year, I would hate the Tahs to waste a space on him, but that's purely fom a rugby perspective.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
There was a great study done ages ago by an ex AFL coach turned uni sport science prof

It was about the attributes to consider when selecting a draft kid in the AFL.

The issue highlighted was that risk taking is an important attribute in a great athlete, making those passes, diving on those balls etc, the issue is that the flip side of "risk taking" trait also can lead to gambling, drug taking, PEDs, infidelity etc etc

Last edited:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I don't want him back, but if everyone who cheated on their spouse or partner lost their job a third of the population of both sexes would be sacked.
Look, I think it's appaling behaviour, but I am not sufficiently self-rightous to think the rest of the world is required to live by my standards.
From a rugby perspective, he's 35, was already on the decline two years ago, hasn't played for over a year, I would hate the Tahs to waste a space on him, but that's purely fom a rugby perspective.
I thought he was a dubious selection 2 years ago, I am not sure what he could add to the squad today

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
There was a great study done ages ago by an ex AFL coach turned uni sport science prof

It was about the attributes to consider when selecting a draft kid in the AFL.

The issue highlighted was that risk taking is an important attribute in a great athlete, making those passes, diving on those balls etc, the issue is that the flip side of "risk taking" trait also can lead to gambling, drug taking, PEDs, infidelity etc etc
There was a study done in France years ago about the level of illicit drug use in Rugby and it concluded that those who played rugby are risk takers and are more prone to that type of behaviour

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Kurtley Beale plays 10, 12 and 15. He may be past it now, but I reckon it was a good signing at the time. I wouldn't sign him now though.
I think at the time, I was on the fence, could have been a good fit, and possibly the utility back the Tahs needed then. This is now and I think those spots are covered - he's not going to value add much I don't think.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I’m hearing his accuser has a closer link to the Tahs
And that didnt come out in court? That puts a different light on it. Well I would think he would have no hope of getting back into the Tahs in any capacity.

I see he is going for costs - could be more legal action to follow

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
And that didnt come out in court? That puts a different light on it. Well I would think he would have no hope of getting back into the Tahs in any capacity.

I see he is going for costs - could be more legal action to follow
It would have come out in court if so but her identity has been suppressed. That information may have been specifically suppressed because it could identify her.

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
Just watched the Waratahs/Reds game on Stan - don't know the players by name, but the Tahs #7 and #11 looked like they'd struggle in amateur rugby. Tahs #10 lacked composure. Sadly couldn't see too many shining lights, and what a shambles at the end with the try line beckoning and 3 Tahs lined up to score with not a Reds player in front of them - schoolboy rugby [and that is unfair to schoolboy rugby].

For the reds, #7 and #8 were impressive.