• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
Attempt at positive…

Max had some good moments in attack. Stood up Flook once and set up 2nd try. Almost saved one…

Pietsch tries as hard as possible as usual. He won’t let the Tahs down.

Wilson looked sharp when he got on.
Agreed - MJ borderline saved a try vs giving away YC/PT...narrow margins.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
He was taking so long for those box kicks, and they were so regular the Reds were ready for them.

I think there was at least once the ball was out, ref called "use it", and he stalled another 15-20 seconds dragging the ball back then shanked the box kick out only a few metres from where they were

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Drua is in Fiji. If the Tahs finish within 20 it’s a good result.

Spoon is on the way. God forbid if something happens to Bell how bad it could get.

There’s talk about the injury list but there are no fixes coming back. Depth sure but besides Harrison none are going to have the ability to shift how the play goes.

HooperPocockSmith

Bill Watson (15)
I've heard that a 'Director of Rugby' type gig is up for grabs at the Tahs next year. They should move DC to that role and get a new HC. They also need better assistants ASAP. God only knows how Whitaker still has a gig at this point. No doubt Pauliasi is a good fella but isn't up to scratch and his record with Easts didn't deserve higher honours anyway.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Just looking briefly at individual performances, Vailanu is rocks and diamonds. A few great tackles, a valuable turnover, but a couple af dreadful passes and inconsistent lineout throwing. Amotesiro is a big body and could be an asset, but needs a massve lift in workrate, he was hardly seen, and likewise Gleeson. Our halves really offered nothing, Gordon is slow and stuffs around like White but without the kicking game, and Edmed's kicking was pathetic, like Foley without the game management skills. Everything got so much quicker when Wilson came on, it probably won't happen but as the season rolls on I would love to see a Wilson/Harrison halves combo.

Looking for a few positives, Bell as usual, and I love FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner)'s work rate, he really puts in. Gamble played well, but outshone in the second half by McReight. I thought Peitsch looked good, he's a proper footballer. Jorgensen was okay for someone who has had a long injury lay-off, will get better. Dead unlucky with the yellow, I know it was a correct ruling, but there was 0.1 second in it and coming from behind he had know way of knowing the precise moment Jordan touched the ball. Also though both Wilson's were good when they came on.

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
Just looking briefly at individual performances, Vailanu is rocks and diamonds. A few great tackles, a valuable turnover, but a couple af dreadful passes and inconsistent lineout throwing. Amotesiro is a big body and could be an asset, but needs a massve lift in workrate, he was hardly seen, and likewise Gleeson. Our halves really offered nothing, Gordon is slow and stuffs around like White but without the kicking game, and Edmed's kicking was pathetic, like Foley without the game management skills. Everything got so much quicker when Wilson came on, it probably won't happen but as the season rolls on I would love to see a Wilson/Harrison halves combo.

Looking for a few positives, Bell as usual, and I love FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) (Fergus Lee-Warner)'s work rate, he really puts in. Gamble played well, but outshone in the second half by McReight. I thought Peitsch looked good, he's a proper footballer. Jorgensen was okay for someone who has had a long injury lay-off, will get better. Dead unlucky with the yellow, I know it was a correct ruling, but there was 0.1 second in it and coming from behind he had know way of knowing the precise moment Jordan touched the ball. Also though both Wilson's were good when they came on.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Good round up.

Mahe is TPN lite. He gives his all but is undergunned at this level.

Backrow was ok. Hard to look good with Wilson and McReight linking up so much and looking great.

Amatosero had a good pre season and well worth sticking with at 21 with his attributes.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I thought we were ok. Still a lot on the injury list and that last minute disruption was…..disruptive. The other team had some better players than us, that’s rugby. Another week and we win that.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is Bowen fit? I am a huge Harrison fan but given the amount of footy he’s missed he’s going to struggle to come back and make the impact you want.

Wilson and Bowen have played so much footy together now. At least a couple of club seasons right? What chance those two start soon? It’s probably the long term solution so why not start now?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Personally think Bowen offers as much right now as Edmed with potentially higher ceiling.

Wilson is a no brainer at this point for me.

If your Coleman it sounds like they have put him in a win games now ultimatum and less show what we will be. Forcing the experience into start.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Personally think Bowen offers as much right now as Edmed with potentially higher ceiling.

Wilson is a no brainer at this point for me.

If your Coleman it sounds like they have put him in a win games now ultimatum and less show what we will be. Forcing the experience into start.
Three seasons in is very much win now territory.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Is Bowen fit? I am a huge Harrison fan but given the amount of footy he’s missed he’s going to struggle to come back and make the impact you want.

Wilson and Bowen have played so much footy together now. At least a couple of club seasons right? What chance those two start soon? It’s probably the long term solution so why not start now?
They’re not ready maybe? After one game Edmed is now not so great? Pretty sure he was talked up a lot last year. Again. One game.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
He was talked up at the start of last year. I know it’s harsh after round 1 but we expected a kick on from the Aus A games at the end of the 2022 season where he looked pretty good.

In reality I don’t see them throwing Bowen in against the Crusaders. I do hope they keep him in the 23 so he can get minutes.