• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
OK. I'll bite. Who's the back up 10?
Like Wilson said on the match thread, Walton seems most likely although his performances at 15 don't fill me with confidence of even more responsibility. I think he's a decent Centre but that's it. I've never seen him play a Club game at 10? Jorgensen has been spoken about doing it in the future but he would be the next based of skill set.

Would be nice to still have Ben Dowling in the squad

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'd say it's Walton, ironically this isn't a bad game to be only carrying one 10 as that's all the Saders have as well, and he's a 20 year old rookie. In all seriousness if we lose Edmed late in the game the best option could be to put Langi Gleeson in there to defend and hit up the the 1st phase ball - depending on the scoreline at that stage of course, but if it's tight.

Last edited:

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
My co-worker expressed an interest in seeing a Waratahs game. I went to the website to find out what the next home game is, and I gave up looking after a few minutes. The website is a disaster. They are shooting themselves in the foot with a terrible user experience.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Very Tah to have the ticket link at the base of the homepage go to a Ticketek link that says "The page you're looking for doesn't exist"

You're better off googling Waratahs as it will pop up with fixtures.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
So I'm a life member and I havent been sent the Lions tickets link - but all my other chums have.
Have emailed them to no response - if I get shit tix i'll be spewing.
what the fk is seriously going on.

Lets discuss the injury toll after 1 game as well....

Desmond

Stan Wickham (3)
It feels like we are watching the very slow death of quality Professional Rugby in Australia. I used to be a season ticket holder for the Waratahs back during Super 12 all the way up to around 2016 and then they lost me. Not because they were losing because the player passion was not there, and it became all about the money. Gone are the days of battles like Phil Waugh and David Croft playing their hearts out, giving everything and somehow doing that every week. GAGR even has a Soccer page WTF!!!

Marce

John Thornett (49)
New pink jersey, to raising awareness for breast cancer:

1000230249.jpg

1000230250.jpg

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Wanted to hate it but I don't. Not a bad attention grab either.

Fabric for the Rebels had to be sold. Heard the tahs picked up some ergonomic key boards and a lovely Kia Carnival also.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The concept and cause isn't being debated. It's just funny that the Rebels have used a very similar style as a regular jersey.

Is the Reds alternate White? Can the Tahs wear this v the Reds in Sydney. Just for a laugh