• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs Blues Sunday 24th March, SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
The powers that be at Tah HQ should know by now how many tickets have been sold.
If it is bugger all, send the email out to the NSW rugby family, or just the SJRU database. Kids under 16 free, provided one Adult ticket is purchased, and the kids are registered with a NSW Village club for Season 2013 (at say $20 or $15), maximum of 3 kids per Adult ticket. Seating in the General admission (cheap) seats behind the Goal Posts. First in Best dressed, quote your MyRugby ID to prove registration.

Fill the stadium, what ever it takes.

Reduced revenue for a "full" stadium must be better than full revenue for a 1/2 empty stadium.

Oh .. and Strangle the mug that feels that they need to play music at a million dB at every break in play.
a recent members email noted family tickets at $10pp.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Fill the stadium, what ever it takes.
Reduced revenue for a "full" stadium must be better than full revenue for a 1/2 empty stadium.

That would require Tahs HQ to be pro active and think outside the box...all too hard?

a recent members email noted family tickets at $10pp.

Not much point letting members know about it.

Also, why do they persist getting competition winners to perform at half time? Does anyone give a damn? Better off organising some juniors or the ladies to have a run on the SFS. Granted the break is only 12 minutes, but still better than paying thousands for a performance that is perfunctory at best.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
We're doing a school father and daughter event. Fourty bucks per family. We'se bin robbed.

I'm so pissed off that I'm going to have to wear my Bulls jersey.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We're doing a school father and daughter event. Fourty bucks per family. We'se bin robbed.

I'm so pissed off that I'm going to have to wear my Bulls jersey.

Maybe you get better seats... or the kids get more beer vouchers or something.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Anyone know when the line-up is announced, Cheika has given some hints but I haven't seen anything official yet.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Also, why do they persist getting competition winners to perform at half time? Does anyone give a damn? Better off organising some juniors or the ladies to have a run on the SFS. Granted the break is only 12 minutes, but still better than paying thousands for a performance that is perfunctory at best.

The game of girls 7's at half time on Friday was great to watch! More of that please Tahs

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
The game of girls 7's at half time on Friday was great to watch! More of that please Tahs

Have some sort of knock out mini tournament. Last two teams play for something (prize $$$/trophy etc) at half time in the last home game.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Have some sort of knock out mini tournament. Last two teams play for something (prize $$$/trophy etc) at half time in the last home game.

A very sensible suggestion one which the top brass in Tah land would just find too logical to follow through on

Re bar service: haven't had a problem with this so far this year in fact yet to see so much as a queue where I am, although that could change on Sunday if there are 25k+ at the game.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
A very sensible suggestion one which the top brass in Tah land would just find too logical to follow through on

It's despairing at times when you see some of the initiatives coming from other Super Rugby teams and compare to what the Tahs do => smartphone apps, better social media offerings etc.

And they wonder why there is no (or little) headway being made in terms of engagement with fans and general community. :confused:

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It's despairing at times when you see some of the initiatives coming from other Super Rugby teams and compare to what the Tahs do => smartphone apps, better social media offerings etc.

And they wonder why there is no (or little) headway being made in terms of engagement with fans and general community. :confused:

I'd be keen to see some innovative ticketing initiatives. For instance, start tickets off cheaper than the standard price so that if you buy early, you get rewarded. Then provide targeted offers or freebies in the days before the game (à la Hugh's ideas). That way you reward loyalty, lock in a base crowd, and don't devalue those purchases with last minute freebie blanketing.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Re bar service: haven't had a problem with this so far this year in fact yet to see so much as a queue where I am, although that could change on Sunday if there are 25k+ at the game.

The bar service is dire at the best of times.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
to the team, I'd like to see Lucas start as well, but don't expect to. BB is out, and I believe TPN wont be back either. Against this Blues team I would go back to Carter and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the centers for defensive reasons. I would also stick with Izzy at 15, but bring drew back in for Turner.

1 - robbo
2 - ulugia
3 - Ryan
4 - douglas
5 - timani
6 - DD
7 - Hooper
8 - Cutch
9 - McKibben
10 - Foley
11 - Mitchell
12 - Carter
13 - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 - Betham
15 - Folau

Carter at 12 ! No way as doesn't pass. I'd have Folau at 13, Volavola at 15 and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 12 although I think that this position is our weakest link atm especially with BB out.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Carter at 12 ! No way as doesn't pass. I'd have Folau at 13, Volavola at 15 and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 12 although I think that this position is our weakest link atm especially with BB out.

If we have Folau at 13 and Volavola at 15 we'll need to score 50 points to win the game. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.