• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v. Brumbies 2011R18

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
agree with most of what is said above, except that it wont be wet - it's tipped to be dry from Friday, so by saturday night should be fine conditions on the field.

edit: great watching weather - get out there if you are in the wider sydney basin!!!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies:
1 Jerry Yanuyanutawa
2 Stephen Moore
3 Ben Alexander
4 Peter Kimlin
5 Ben Hand
6 Mitchell Chapman
7 Julian Salvi
8 Ita Vaea
9 Patrick Phibbs
10 Matt Giteau
11 Adam Ashley-Cooper
12 Pat McCabe
13 Tyrone Smith
14 Henry Speight
15 Christian Lealiifano

16 Anthony Hegarty
17 Jono Owen
18 Henry Vanderglas
19 Tom Boidin
20 Josh Valetine
21 Andrew Smith
22 Robbie Coleman

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
No rugby since March. No squad training. No match fitness.

HE played three games for Northampton. In the two I saw I was surprised to see how off the pace he looked.

Unless he has done some serious fitness work I think he may be a bit disappointing. I hope not. I like the bloke (not just because of his roots :)

C'mon Blue, this is a family forum and Vicks is a happily married man.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
That brumbies side has looked infinitely better since They moved Lealiifano to Fullback. He is a similar player to Beale. Having the option where to insert yourself in the attack, whilst generally attacking an extra man out and from depth gives him a lot of extra space to work his magic.

McCabe to inside centre was a master stroke. I have always thought for Giteau to work as a 10 he needs a hard straight runner at 12 to compensate for his tendency to "crab" across the field. McCabe has certainly provided that. So I was keen on tyrone smith at 12, or giteau, with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 and McCabe on the wing. However, McCabe has shown his class and must be a certainty for the wallabies now.

I think he is actually better in the centres. I wasn't entirely certain that he would be anything but a solid player in the back 3, however as a centre I'm very hopeful he can be a World Class player.

I'm very concerned for the Tahs this weekend as I think that Brumbies side, looks much better and balanced.

The front is more balanced with Alexander and tight head. Whilst he isn't as strong as Palmer in the scrum, he is clearly better at TH than LH. Jerry also offer more around the park than Palmer.

People will disagree, but I think it is a blessing in disguise that Chisholm can't play.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Sam Carter injured?

Seems odd to go into this match with only 3 possible locks against a team with 20 of them...

Could Valentine single handedly ruin the Brumbies' good run? Would've preferred White since he is the only guaranteed halfback next year...

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tahs with a bonus point with the Waugh factor.

Tahs will have the upper hand in the scrum, brumbs at the lineout... If Cross lifts defensively and learns how to pass, we will take it, Cross seems to be the weak link in our backline and he is the only player i am worried about this week. Vicks, Tilse, Dennis, Ulugia and O'connor can all hold their own, we know this.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Boiden must have been more impressive in his 3 minutes of game time??? Crazy days!

Yeah, especially odd considering Carter is the one signed up to the senior squad for next year.

And they're fielding their only 3 other locks in the starting xv.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Brumbies are a good chance on Saturday night... big chance for Giteau to snare the Wallabies 12 jersey & second flyhalf.... A few other pushing for Wallabies jerseys also... AKA Pat McCabe, Squeak, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Alexander. Lealiifano and Vaea a chance for the wider call up...

Its the sweet smell of an up set....

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From a Brumbies' point of view really wishing the season was a few games longer now that they've finally got some of their positions right...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
From a Brumbies' point of view really wishing the season was a few games longer now that they've finally got some of their positions right...

Yep, some of the work has been done for the year, they can work with White &co on their spring tour.... Lealiifano works well in a roving fullback role... McCabe is solid at 12... Speight is looking good on the wing... I'm looking forward to see who they finally sign for 2012... The Titans dude Joseph Tomane sounds the goods... a possible 13? Crawford will take a wing. brumbies really need a solid experienced lock, bring back Samo...

T

Tahfan

Gotta say I have low expectations here. I'll be very surprised (pleasantly) if we see anything other than a mediocre/invisible 20-odd minutes.

+1. Hard to see how is going to be in any way fit enough given 3 games nearly 3 months ago and nothing else in 3 years before that (playing for cambridge doesn't count)

and given this is the only Tahs game he can be picked for gotta wonder if it is anything more than a PR stunt?

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
+1. Hard to see how is going to be in any way fit enough given 3 games nearly 3 months ago and nothing else in 3 years before that (playing for cambridge doesn't count)

and given this is the only Tahs game he can be picked for gotta wonder if it is anything more than a PR stunt?

Winning and making the Super finals = X1000000 more publicity than a Vickerman return. Can't see why they'd be taking unnecessary risks for this game.

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
Does anyone know whether the match will be shown at 7.30pm or 8.30pm? I've seen a few schedules that say 8.30pm but normally NSW games are at 7.30pm.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.