• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies 28th June ANZ Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
With all the injuries, and some players coming back from 10s, can't see the Brumbies taking this one out. Would have been hard even with all players on deck. Hoping at least for a bonus point to keep the second placed Aussie spot open.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Is Steve Walsh the ref? This means we are guaranteed for him to take centre stage for 5 minutes while he makes a routine TMO call. He is truly insufferable and one of the most frustrating referees on the circuit.

yeah, but it provides a good opportunity to go for a beer/slash. he's predictable in a good way sometimes

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
The junior clubs march-past is also on prior to this game, which will be good for few thousand extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
yeah, but it provides a good opportunity to go for a beer/slash. he's predictable in a good way sometimes

He'd drive you to drink with his showmanship using the TMO sometimes. Can't stand him always tries to make the game the Steve Walsh show but off the top of my head the Tahs have a decent record when he is reffing over the past few years.

40,000 is a bit optimistic surely. I'd be pleasantly surprised if the attendance topped 25k. Hopefully there'll be a few free seats in the platinum area that a certain couple of G&G regulars can save for me.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Its only Wednesday but already the butterflies are fluttering.
  • Tah injuries are negligible, Brumbies have a lot of their stars in rehab. That should be a plus but the replacements are likely to really step up. And players like Andrew Smith always play well. That guy has a touch of the Conrad Smith's about him.
  • Ten of the team have been playing test match intensity the last three weeks. Some, like Phipps and Horne will be champing on the bit, but TPN, Kepu, Palu, Foley, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Hooper must be showing signs of fatigue you'd think, mental as much as physical.
  • The Tahs know how vital a win here is, they are even talking in the media about it. (Normally I hate the media talk but the comments so far have all been about either payback for the Canberra shellacking or just how we must win to ensure a home final. Those show no arrogance whatsoever.)
  • But the Brumbies have only two more games while most of the other contenders have three. To make the six, lots has to go wrong with other teams unless the Brumbies win both games. They will be desperate. There's probably a scenario that says they can miss the six even if they win both, if they don't get bonus points. They'll be on fire.
  • We might have Taqele starting on one wing. That's really scary defensively.
  • How will Walsh referee the game. He's one of the best, but sometimes wanders off the path of impartiality one way or another. You never know which direction he might wander.
  • Will the lack of crowd support at the black hole affect the Tahs home ground advantage?
So, this Tahs supporter has got a huge dose of butterflies. Against that, the Waratahs are building impressively. Four on the trot in impressive style and they have the look of winners. Their coach has them well grounded and playing to a firmly set plan. So, I think I just need to take a deep breath and believe.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
  • We might have Taqele starting on one wing. That's really scary defensively.

Scary for the Tahs or Brumbies?

Hopefully, he has improved in the Shute Shield games he has played for the Two Blues since he made his Tahs debut.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
He'd drive you to drink with his showmanship using the TMO sometimes. Can't stand him always tries to make the game the Steve Walsh show but off the top of my head the Tahs have a decent record when he is reffing over the past few years.

40,000 is a bit optimistic surely. I'd be pleasantly surprised if the attendance topped 25k. Hopefully there'll be a few free seats in the platinum area that a certain couple of G&G regulars can save for me.

25k would be good considering the average attendance at Aussie's Super Rugby games buuuuuut is still little for a game as important as this, the stadium should be sold out.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
We win the social media battle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 289

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
BRUMBIES:
1. Scott Sio
2. Ruaidhri Murphy
3. Ben Alexander
4. Scott Fardy
5. Leon Power
6. Jordan Smiler
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Christian Lealiifano
11. Robbie Coleman
12. Andrew Smith
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg.
Reserves:
16. Luke Holmes
17. Jean-Pierre Smith
18. Ruan Smith
19. Jack Whetton
20. Fotu Auelua
21. Michael Dowsett
22. Lionel Cronje
23. Clyde Rathbone.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
BRUMBIES:
1. Scott Sio
2. Ruaidhri Murphy
3. Ben Alexander
4. Scott Fardy
5. Leon Power
6. Jordan Smiler
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Christian Lealiifano
11. Robbie Coleman
12. Andrew Smith
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg.
Reserves:
16. Luke Holmes
17. Jean-Pierre Smith
18. Ruan Smith
19. Jack Whetton
20. Fotu Auelua
21. Michael Dowsett
22. Lionel Cronje
23. Clyde Rathbone.

Your thoughts or the official team? Should give the Tahs a run for their money, but a win is too much to hope for. This year is really looking to be the Tahs best opportunity to win the Super title.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Your thoughts or the official team? Should give the Tahs a run for their money, but a win is too much to hope for. This year is really looking to be the Tahs best opportunity to win the Super title.
Official team on rugby heaven.. I have faith in the boys

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Gee......... Lord doesn't rate Holmes highly enough to start him over a makeshift prop-cum-hooker Murphy who struggles with lineout throwing, if the Club 10s was anything to go by.

Good to see Benny Alexander recovered from his neck injury. His battle with the other Ben will be intriguing.

Can see some fireworks going off with the two impact players Skelton and Auelua coming off the bench.

Tahs by 5.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Gee... Lord doesn't rate Holmes highly enough to start him over a makeshift prop-cum-hooker Murphy who struggles with lineout throwing, if the Club 10s was anything to go by.

Good to see Benny Alexander recovered from his neck injury. His battle with the other Ben will be intriguing.

Can see some fireworks going off with the two impact players Skelton and Auelua coming off the bench.

Tahs by 5.

Holmes has barely trained with the team since he was signed. He's been commuting back and forth to Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.