• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, round 6, Sunday 22 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, its in the book now, so its a yellow. Argue all you like, but unless you've got a TARDIS to go back, that's that.

While Izzy got MOTM, fuck didn't Carraro play well? Like Horne, he's not a flash harry, but does the simple things well, knows how to follow the ball, and clean up when we need it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not seeing a lot of posters being respectful to match officials on here.

See top of the page. Rule 4.

Many posts are of the same type that crop up bagging the referee when the Wallabies get beaten.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
When are the referees going to pick up Robbie Coleman for holding players back by the jumper ?
He did it 2 or 3 times today and does it in most games
Jeez,I wouldn't be complaining about any refs calls today.
Fair dinkum,now I know how the opposition supporters felt whenever Kaplan was giving it to us up the arse.
The ref was very kind to the Tahs today!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Nic White is an embarrassment - seems to be full of self importance. He was always telling the touch ref where to go for the free kicks too. Can't stand the little shit.
Most 9's are cut from the same cloth.
Most piggies diagnose it as short mans syndrome.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, it was a clumsy attempt. One arm. Palm down. Sure, it's a reflex thing, but ultimately, that will be penalty / yellow most times. Shit happens.

It was a clumsy attempt, but I don't believe he had his palm down........... He still tried to catch it, and to review that and decide it was a penalty was incorrect in my opinion.

However, putting aside the contentiousness of that decision, when he allowed a more clear cut version of the same thing go without sanction later in the game I coulcr put my head through the TV..............

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
who took white out(in the air) at the quick throw in?
It wasn't really a quick throw. At 75:31 Palu seemed to contact White in the air at the back of a lineout that was over thrown by Latu hoping to hit Palu who was lurking outside the 15 m and therefore not in the lineout. White was standing on the 15 and quickly moved backwards and upwards to take the ball. White jumped up in a very awkward angle and even if Palu had avoided touching him in the air he would have landed badly.

As soon as White was on the ground, Hooper was on to him like a limpet, but I am fairly sure that Hooper did not contact the player in the air.

I would have thought that the AR or TMO may have been interested in viewing that lineout again.

Bum Crack Watch
On a separate note, I did like it at 56:41 on the game clock when the Ponies player (Kuridrani) lost his strides in a tackle from Paddy Ryan (18 Blue) and there was a good flash of Brumby Buttock.

Best seen on the replay from the cameras on the far side of the SFS. One of the female viewers at Chez Jarse was impressed at how shapely said buttocks were.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Come off it, even Kearns didn't think it was a YC. I'm not arguing that the Brumbies should've won however there was some pretty dubious decisions.

Well, that was probably the worst commentary team ever assembled. None of them showed even the slightest knowledge of the laws.

If you accept that it was a deliberate knock on and therefore a penalty and note that the incident occurred 5 metres out from the Brumbies goal line, how can it not be a yellow card? If that wasn't a yellow card offence, then we might as well not have yellow cards.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
pretty entertaining game. well played by the tahs.

I thought Joubert made some strange calls. The Fardy send off was ridiculous.

Very physical game. The scrum battle was really intriguing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Brumbies have the last laugh in the return match.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It was a clumsy attempt, but I don't believe he had his palm down..... He still tried to catch it, and to review that and decide it was a penalty was incorrect in my opinion.

However, putting aside the contentiousness of that decision, when he allowed a more clear cut version of the same thing go without sanction later in the game I coulcr put my head through the TV......
Go for it. The issue of a later infringement matters not, that call was fine. If he missed a later one, then by all means question it. It has no relevance to the earlier one. More clear cut? Yeah, in your undoubtedly unbiased eyes. Putting lots of ellipses after your point does not make it so. He had no chance of catching it with that attempt - one arm, outstretched, hand pointing down, so it is a redundant point.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
What's all this then? We can have a witch hunt here right?

So he says he didn't hear it, but says he knows the ref heard it and demands the ref take action?:confused: And he's not even the captain is he?

If the Brumbies have an issue with the conduct of an opposition player, then there are correct ways to do it. I'm not sure that the SMH is the correct way.

Status
Not open for further replies.