• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Force, round 1, Sunday 15 February

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I must say, that run on team looks fantastic, but that bench is pretty unimpressive. Let's hope the Tahs close their games out early.

No one to come back from injury either is there?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
My force 23

1 Cowan (c)
2 Charles
3 Failkner
4 Wykes
5 Mafi
6 Cottrell
7 Alcock
8 McCalman

9 Alby
10 Sias
11 Morahan
12 Junior
13 Godwin
14 Brache
15 DHP

16 Tessmann
17 van wyke
18 Hoskins
19 Coleman
20 Stander
21 Prior
22 Holmes
23 Burton
So close

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I must say, that run on team looks fantastic, but that bench is pretty unimpressive. Let's hope the Tahs close their games out early.

No one to come back from injury either is there?

Not injured but short of fitness: Peter Betham is the only one.

Not sure if Tala Gray was available either, I imagine he'll overtake Hoiles at some stage.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Not injured but short of fitness: Peter Betham is the only one.

Not sure if Tala Gray was available either, I imagine he'll overtake Hoiles at some stage.

I think Gray will play for Gen Blue on Saturday. He played in the curtain raiser at Campbelltown last Friday.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Steenkamp unlucky but understandable given we would be better off with the added grunt of Coleman over the lineout prowess of the former. Mafi to come on to combat Potgieter - I cant wait for that head-to-head.

In order to win we really need our backs to be clinical enough to convert our chances into points, because we know the Force are more than capable of entering the opposition half.

A lot more optimistic now.

Tahs by 25

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Steenkamp unlucky but understandable given we would be better off with the added grunt of Coleman over the lineout prowess of the former. Mafi to come on to combat Potgieter - I cant wait for that head-to-head.

In order to win we really need our backs to be clinical enough to convert our chances into points, because we know the Force are more than capable of entering the opposition half.

A lot more optimistic now.

Tahs by 25

Oh yeah, me either. Irresistible force, meet immovable object.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Here's hoping for good, solid years from Coleman, Cottrell and Godwin. Force followers, I wish you win all your games this year, less two..... :cool:

M

Moono75

That Force team is more than capable of taking this out. First game so it depends on the preparation and who is ready to roll. Might of been nice to have a home game first up. Coleman deserves the start and expecting big things from him this year. Formidable back row and our centre combination should unlock some friggin magic. Maffi the energizer bunny in the second half to deliver the pain.

M

Moono75

Mate. All you had to do was put the Firepower pellet in the brown paper bag and it turned into money. You must have added it wrong.
Don't worry about the firepower from 10 years ago.....you just worry about the firepower coming the Tahs way this Sunday! It's Cheikas boys not the cheques that are gonna bounce in this one.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Here's hoping for good, solid years from Coleman, Cottrell and Godwin. Force followers, I wish you win all your games this year, less two... :cool:

Me too Lindo. They will be knocking on the door of Wallaby squad if they start well, to say nothing of massively improving our chances of making the finals at the same time.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Holloway really has to get game time this year or else I suspect he'll look for an opportunity elsewhere.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm a real fan of Hollway. He's big, skilful and has a big motor. I'd love to see him kick on this year because I reckon he could really be something. Bruce would love him because he's got a big arse, denoting some power through the trunk.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Waratahs have the pure power to blow us off the park. We probably have a bit of an advantage at the set piece and have more mobility. We need to hold onto possession to keep the big Tah forwards moving around but also play for territory after that to pressure the Tah line-out which doesn't boast too many options.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
What's the word from the training paddock in regards to the Tahs set piece?

It would make sense for Cheika to place some emphasis on it to surprise the opposition and to also set the focus for the group heading into the RWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.