• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Highlanders trial - Thursday 16 February 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I will be very surprised if Gordon does not get a spot in a Wobbs 23 this season. He looks pretty good to me.

Simone looks okay, too.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Good Tahs outfit.

May struggle a bit in the backs but Tahs need to dominate up front to compensate.

Still only a trial and dare I say it the Tahs will be ready for the start of super rugby season.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Hope the stream is half-decent on this new NBN thingy.

But Barnaby Joyce got his footy coverage when growing up by crowding around a radio in Tamworth with his 14 other male relatives, so why should it be any different for us?

Times have changed but it doesn't mean Australia has to or something like that.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I will be very surprised if Gordon does not get a spot in a Wobbs 23 this season. He looks pretty good to me.

Simone looks okay, too.

Arguably, the Tahs have the best three Aussie No 9s in the competition. Phipps, for all his faults, is the incumbent (ignoring Will G), Gordon has the most potential to make it to the highest level, and Matt Lucas is just about the best all round skillful No 9 going around. I won't be at all surprised if Lucas starts a good number of games this year. His creative play is second to none and the Tahs' backline would benefit I believe.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
I live overseas and our region is blocked from viewing the live stream. Any updates would be appreciated.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Quarter time as the Tahs grubber through and force Naholo into touch just outside the Clan 22

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Decent crowd at Brookvale - a few thousand at least. Hard to tell from these angles

Clan line speed too good but then GREAT break by Hooper and good hands for the Tahs

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Gotta say, that try was down to the Clan 13 not counting his man out to the wing. Kellaway had two on him

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Sloppy work Tahs, giving away two tries to kicks. Ball control not ideal - except in the maul.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hooper only glimmer of hope for the 'Tahs today. The Highlanders are putting on an absolute masterclass, their all blacks are incredible.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Highlanders have been the far better team but there seems like there have been a lot of forward passes and knock ons let go.

Hooper far and away the best player for the Tahs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Well the Tahs might have found their new goal kicker this season.

Reece Robinson has kicked 4 from 5 so far in windy conditions including a couple from out wide.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.