• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Rebels RD 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

Bit of disruption with Beale out, he has been one of our best, week in week out. Time for our forwards to lift their game and not leave it all to the backs. Rebels will believe they have some chance here and Tah's will have to play well to take this one.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I was lied to!

No, I can't believe it. Teams peddling misinformation to put the oppo off. Unheard of.

Like Fatprop, I would like to see the three R's this week but I think its probably a bridge too far for Robertson. He's not even listed on the Tahs site yet as one of the squad. (Hilterbrand is, go figure).

Tall props have to be really special to be able to scrummage, shorter props with shorter levers are harder for opposition props to move around. And no one ever suggested Ryan, Tilse and Ta'avao would be special (like Hayman was).

Don't give up hope, though. I would not be surprised to see Gibson try it out in round nine (Force) if our woes continue. Suicide to start them against the Brumbies; but then if Ta'avao and Ryan keep performing as they have, suicide may be the only option. Desperate people do desperate things.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Nearly 2pm AEDT and I still can't find the Rebels line-up. Doesn't Totality Tony realise how important my fantasy team is?

I think he's channeling Michael Foley, who would announce his line-up 45 minutes after the result was posted. Didn't seem to help.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Rebels were really punctual last season and had the team out by Thursday arvo EST each week.

I can't take seriously the Tahs people talking down their chances. Rebels, sadly, are a wee bit overhyped and will struggle to stay in touch.

Tahs by 10+

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tall props have to be really special to be able to scrummage, shorter props with shorter levers are harder for opposition props to move around. And no one ever suggested Ryan, Tilse and Ta'avao would be special (like Hayman was).

Don't give up hope, though. I would not be surprised to see Gibson try it out in round nine (Force) if our woes continue. Suicide to start them against the Brumbies; but then if Ta'avao and Ryan keep performing as they have, suicide may be the only option. Desperate people do desperate things.

I thought it was a better performance last week against the Reds. We managed to really tire them out getting their penalty try and after that our scrum pretty much held its own. It was like we'd upgraded from roller skates to bowling shoes. Still plenty of slide, but at least they had some friction.

I can't take seriously the Tahs people talking down their chances. Rebels, sadly, are a wee bit overhyped and will struggle to stay in touch.

Tahs by 10+

If I was a betting man... and I am, I'd be on the Rebels. I have $20 on Rebels +7.5 and $10 on the Rebels @ $3.35.

Saying that, I hope the we fucking smash the Rebels!

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Skelton gets unfairly tarnished. His completion stats would be the best of all our jumpers. He only gets used infrequently as the surprise jumper.

My observation is that he gets the very first line out per game, and then few or none thereafter.

Tahs' hopes in this game lie with their class acts. The likes of Hooper, Holloway, Phipps, Foley and Folau will all need to step up. Hooper and Holloway will cause a lot of problems for the Rebels in open play, and at the breakdown. The Phipps/Stirzaker battle will give us a better indication of who plays second to Phipps later on. Foley will have to improve on his showing against the Reds, otherwise without Beale the backs won't be going anywhere fast. Izzy will also presumably miss Beale, but he has been in really top form again this year so expect him to shine again.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
SUPER SEFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://melbournerebels.com/2016/04/01/stirzaker-returns-to-lead-rebels/

1. Toby Smith
2. James Hanson
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Luke Jones
5. Lopeti Timani
6. Jordy Reid
7. Sean McMahon
8. Adam Thomson
9. Nic Stirzaker (Captain)
10. Jack Debreczeni
11. Cam Crawford
12. Mitch Inman
13. Tamati Ellison
14. Dom Shipperley
15. Reece Hodge

Reserves
16. Pat Leafa
17. Cruze Ah Nau
18. Jamie Hagan
19. Sam Jeffries
20. Scott Fuglistaller
21. Ben Meehan
22. Dan Hawkins
23. Sefa Naivalu

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Not far off the best 23, in terms of personnel. Colby in for Fugs. Harris in for Hawkins. Maybe Engo in for Crawf and I'd like to see Siliva get a run at Pat's spot, otherwise that's near enough the best makeup of the team, with only really who starts and who benches to be considered.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Super Sefa is back... bewdy. Not bad for someone who on injury list at start of week was still listed as indefinite.

Tamati fit to go surprises me a bit.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I think I just peed myself a little bit :D

I did pee myself a little. Thank fuck for adult nappies.

That a bloody good omen to have him back in the 23. I'm not going to put a score in it, but I really like our chances now. Things are going our way.

I'll be at the game this weekend, so if you're keen for Beer I'll be at the Local Taphouse from 1 - with a few of the Sydney crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.